GL: July discussion

• Members

Boring today. But I liked the dialogue between Remy and Ava - ReVa. ;)

The thing I noticed the most was the end of the show. The P&G music played, but it wasn't their logo. Something like "NextMedia" or something like that. I could be wrong, cuz the show ended hours ago and I'm just now getting around to posting.

Other than that, another day of the Ava show. Tomorrow it will probably be the Grady show. But it was good to see BC/Beth again. She's awesome and deserves a story.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's show was horrible which is a shame since yesterday's was actually pretty good. Maybe this is what happens when you have your writers divided into teams and don't work together but consistency is so important in a soap. Yesterday showed alot of promise by featuring important characters and had their actions and relationships making sense but today was a perfect illustration of everything that's wrong with this show.

1) It seemed like 60% of this episode was Ava and Remy, who are IMO the two weakest, most ill-defined characters on the show. I despise Grady and Daisy and don't like Cyrus being giving tons of airtime while isolated in a tiny corner of the canvas and only interacting with only G and Daisy but at least Bartlett and Dennison are good actors and Manera is half-way decent. Smith and Saint-Victor are the two weakest actors in the cast. As a result, Ava and Remy's relationship has no depth or urgency and I just plain don't care. Nor do I care or understand Jeffrey's actions through all of this.

2) This show highlighted the difficulty this show has in developing and sticking with good couples. Bill & Lizzie have the ingredients of a good couple but Ava was injected into their story as an obstacle way too soon and as a result, it makes Bill look like a sleaze who just wants Lizzie because he can have his cake and eat it too rather than having waited until the audience felt that he truly loved Lizzie before bringing another party into it.

3) Whoever wrote today's show doesn't seem to understand legacy characters like Alan and Beth. It was bad enough when they got married and had a baby but when their marriage was about keeping Spaulding Enterprises out of Gus's hands, I could live with it. The notion that Beth would and could ever love Alan Spaulding is insane, especially now that he's intentionally murdered an innocent girl. I was disgusted to see Beth tell Alan that he doesn't have to "be a hero" by going to prison for having Tammy murdered. What?! Paying for a crime you actually did commit is now considered "being a hero" in Springfield?! Then Alan says that he wants to be "her hero". Huh?! Alan Spaulding never thought Beth was good enough for Phillip or to be a Spaulding. He only found her to be the lesser of two evils after Phillip married Harley, whom he truly hated. This is just wrong, especially now that Beth has been married to Rick, a man she can truly trust.

Maybe whoever wrote yesterday's episode needs to be supervising the other writing teams or something.

• Members

Pretty good today. Nice to see Reva and Billy.

Again though, the show is trying portray Ava as heroine or whatever. The thing with Remy/Ava is interesting, but RVD is right - they are the most ill-defined characters on the show. And both do not have a large fan following, as far as I can tell. But I've said this before, they do have chemistry together. That baby is SOOOOO Remy's. Believe that.

Today's episode should have been on Friday though. Why have those kind of events happening in the middle of the week? Because EW has no idea what PACING means.

Hey, at least it's something to talk about. Until GL is canceled, I'm going to keep posting about it.

• Members

I just caught Monday's show. That was put together well IMO. The only one this week that has been any good. Josh and Reva still have it too. How can EW watch that and see RN/KZ chemistry and then RN/NF non-existent chemistry and stick with Josh and Cassie? It doesn't make any sense.

Josh and Cassie have endured 2 affairs, whereas other couples couldn't get through one (Harley/Gus for example). It blows my mind that they will be keeping these two together.

• Members

You know what's really bugging me on this show? It is never night time in Springfield. NEVER. It's always daytime and the days just seem to blend into one another with no real feeling of time passing. Does this bother anyone else?

• Members

What bugged me was hearing that song they played today at the beginning of the episode, for five minutes straight. Ugh. I kept waiting for it to stop...but it just kept going and going and going....

• Members

Grady is so attractive, i wish they hadn't ruined his character from day one by making him a hired killer. <_< Now that he's sexing up a girl who looks about 10 years younger than he is, redemption really isn't in the cards from my perspective.

Beth and Alan make me sick and always have. That relationship has never made sense.

• Members

^^^ I know you're a Josh/Cassie fan, Julia and that's cool. IA these days that Reva has been much more interesting without Josh than with him, but they still have great chemistry together - as opposed to him and Cassie. Just saying. I know a lot of people find the Reva movie SL lame, I am enjoying it. Is it the best SL ever? NO. But it's making me very nostalgic for the era of GL that they are lifting the dialogue from.

ICAM. That really takes away from the "reality" feeling that Ellen was crowing about a few months ago, doesn't it?

Now that Lizzie has rented Harley's house (ugh) I wonder if they are going to paint the damn walls? It still has those five different colors along one wall that Harley did so she could make a decision about one.

Archived