AMC: B. Ehlers; Character name & first airdate...

• Members

Dr. Jay SW, I'm sorry but so what? TK has already said that it was Carruthers who got him to join the show, they were friends from Port Charles.

Why the eff would Frons have him join the show when he's already basically said he doesn't get the appeal of TK?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't buy that. At most Frons passively allowed it to happen, but I don't think he had any more interest in keeping TK in the ABC family than he did Lynn Herring or Jon Lindstrom.

Frons has made his love (obsession? with Kelly Monaco and Michael Easton very clear on many occassions. Never seen that from him regarding TK.

• Members

So now what we are saying is the powerless hack EP Julie Hanan Carruthers, who has no balls and no power at AMC decided, as in made a decision to bring TK to AMC, and she said (As God) "let there be press releases", and there it was. That is what I dont buy. Frons may not cream himself over the thought of TK, like he does Easton and Monaco, but the plan, Fron's plan was to send a star from PC to each of the remaining soaps and that is what he did. Easton to OLTL, Monaco to GH and Kaye to AMC, creamed pants or not. Press releases only come thru for people Frons brings, just in case you didnt know that. ;)

• Members

I love Beth Ehlers and I think she is so deserving of the attention. I hope it doesn't backfire as so many of Frons' pet projects do. The setup for Beth's new character scares me. It reeks of the John McBain or Sam (Whatsername?McCall?) treatment, where Frons mandates that a character with no real connection to the history of the show becomes the focus of everything. I have to believe Mr. Frons is a smart guy. Smart enough to have figured out that his formula is a recipe for disaster. It's fine for the big guy to tell the EP and the HW "Hey! I am bringing on a proven emmy award winning actress and I want you to write a story to showcase her." But then take your hands off and let the guys who do the day to day execution do their jobs. Step away from the micro managing, and the how it's done.

• Members

Oh god.

Julie Hanan Carruthers pushed for TK to be at AMC.

As LeClerc said, more than anything, Frons passively agreed with it.

There was a press release about it...because TK is a popular daytime star. It's called a publicity department. If you have a big daytime star joining a show, you're going to see a press release about it because the publicist is doing his or her job.

So, what, if Frons didn't come up with the idea of TK coming to AMC...what was he going to do? "Since Julie suggested that we bring Thorsten to AMC, I refuse to have a press release about it because I didn't suggest it first! Screw us promoting our show! It was Julie's idea SO. NO. PRESS. RELEASE I say!!"

• Members

People will believe what they want. It sounds good to say Julie wanted him but the truth is Frons had a plan. Now if he asked Jules who she wanted, and she said TK, that's something different but when PC was cancelled, there was a plan made.

(Jay jumps the shark)

Archived