Days: Week Of May 26

• Members

I quit watching Days for intellegence ... before i even started. lol. marlena posessed by the devil? elieen davidson playing 28 people? everyone back from the dead all the time?

I actually think that DH is using the cast greatly and they are all in char. I am loving she has an actuall storyline she is actually telling for abe/lexie on thier own - not as a prop in another storyline. i am loving this nicole. ej, sami, lucas all have layers again. finally a storyline for max.

i will say that she doesnt seem to understand john and marlena at all - but thats the same for every writer who isnt JER for some reason.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just hate it when I can't figure out the characters, and there's no rhyme nor reason. Sami, for instance. Plus, the other day (can't remember...maybe yesterday?) was all about relationship discussions. like Toups said...no suspense. OLTL has this show beaten, hands down. But then again, I don't go for the quick fixes and back and forth coupling and warm bodies with abs, but absolutely no character development. What about the Ava/Steve fiasco? Why isn't that confronted? THAT, my friends, is angst. Not the Ejamucas redux. The Lucas/Sami scenes were a screaming match, then they finally talked civilly to each other, but it was like a damn rerun. Don't even get me started on the halo-wearing Dr. Tan. Philip and Chloe together is a joke. I guess I like depth in my soaps, and Days is giving me no depth.

• Administrator

I know eh! There was no follow up to that storyline! We barely see Ave/Steve anymore, Ava's being nice to Kayla and Martino's dead. It's like, oh the kidnapping's over, now what's the next plot ploint? How about the baby's in danger and we forget everything that happened recently.

And angst for Chelsea/Dan who has known each other for like 3 months? Whose only obstacle was Dan's dead wife and that beat only lasted like a week? Okay!

• Members

And that just goes to show that everyone has a different taste.

You hated Hogan's DAYS, while I loved most of his time writing the show (minus summer 2007).

I don't know how to put into words. Yes, the cast is being used, but they're being used in horrible storylines and to me, they're being used inproperly. I'm one of those people that would rather not see my favorites than see them being in stupid storylines and their character being completely destroyed. That's one of the big things I hated about Hogan writing Sami. Sami's my all-time favorite character, and I love seeing her on the show all the time. I wouldn't have had a problem with Hogan's major hard-on for Sami, had she not been completely stripped of everything that made her who she was. She became a completely different character and that's what I hated.

So in all honesty, I would rather watch good stories that aren't about my favorites than horrible storylines involving my favorites.

To each their own, I guess.

Ryan, I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Don't let anyone affect your opinion. Tell us how you truly feel about the show.

• Members

Abe/Lexie- I am LOVING this. I am still unsure where this is going, but i actually like that. It came out of nowhere but it is long overdue for an Abe & Lexie storyline. She is the COF and he runs the Police Dept. They have a long history and the actors are fab together, so i am all for this. I think its going to be Theo doesnt talk because of the hostile home life, but if they went with autsim (sp?) i would very happy. I also think DH could pull it off since her own son has it.

Chelsea & Daniel - they have so much angst, IMHO. He is wanting to be with her and it took him by suprise. She fell for him and is going after him. They loosk they give eachother, the chem between the actors, his dead wife. it all works for me and i cant wait to see where it goes.

Sami Brady - the bitch is back! She is mature, yet she is still sami brady. For the past few years she was so waterd down and then HS came along and turned her into Carrie Brady wannabe - saint and heroine of the great family brady. She was stripped of everything that amde her who she was. Now that shes kinda bitchy, kinda snarky, and kinda selfish i am able to lvoe her again and even better is the layers.

Speaking of layers, its nice to see them in people like EJ, Philip, Lucas, and Nicole. None are cookie cutter sweet, nor are they pure evil. They walk this line. Nicole is a raging drunk bitch - but shes lonely and desprate for love. EJ has a past thats not perfect, in fact hes still not perfect. But he is trying to become a better person and is doing well at it. Lucas is an [!@#$%^&*] again, but he loves sami/ He hurt and confused and starting to question everything. He shot this man because he raped his wife - yet now hes not sure if it was rape because of samis feelings for him.

Nick/Max/Steph - I am lopving this, honestly. I have given into the chem between SH & DB and accepted Mac & Steph as a couple - besides much worse has been done in daytime. I also am really intersted to see where this storyline with Max is going. Its about time someone told a story for the guy aside from hotshot pimpin race car driver turned bartender. I am really excited for whats coming up with who joined the cast and hope he turns out to be connected to someone else. I would LOVE to see a steph/nick thing happen as well.

I am also loving the Philip/Morgan flirting/fighting going on. And i wish they would hook up Paul and Kate.

But not everything is perfect. Im not saying it is. I do like Tony & Anna, yet they are on so little its hard to care about them really. Bo & Hope have no storyline at all. But that doesnt really bother me either because they need a trade off and backburn some people and tell stories using tohers. Bo & Hope were on a lot during the beginign of the year.

Then there is the bad - Marlena. She is back to being an extension of John and nothing else. But then again thats been how she has been for every HW except JER. I wish John had stayed dead.

And of copurse there is Steve & Kayla. I wont go there ebcause i hate them so much and want them gone. But thats my personal feelings on them. i do think they have a good storyline tho.

I agree. Thats why i quit watching in 07.

Sami the heroine.

Touch the sky with a great set of teens.

Supercoupels reading letters.

I felt that everyone was stripped of what amde them them and they become pod people used in plot points. The dialoge was good tho.

I have this new thing where i try not to judge a show based on comparision, but on its own standing. And IMHO, Days standing all on its own is great. I am seeing the people i love in storylines i care about. They are being true to who they should be and have layers.

• Members

I can't get behind stories that appear out of nowhere and look and come off as they were pulled right from the head writer's ass with no thought as to how they're going to conclude it. I hate the whole "We'll just write as we go along" approach, which is what I'm seeing now.

• Members

Today was just baaad.

Say goodbye to Marlena as an individual, which Hogan successfully brought back after almost 15 years of her being nothing but John Black's damsel in distress. She's back to being "John's woman" and nothing more.

I don't like how they're writing John is this animal. For a while there, I was fine with everything concerning this new John, but lately, he's like a freaking animal, rather than the smart ass DiMera he became and I fell in love with. I couldn't stand Marlena sedating John and then Roman and Abe taking him into the police station. Watching today's show, I felt like were back in 2000 when Roman was being an ass to John and Brady and Marlena sided with Roman over her own husband. I hated that!

Thank God Tamara Braun is leaving soon. Ava has nothing left to do and it would be a shame if she stayed on this show and her talents were wasted. Is it obvious to anyone else that the writers only had stuff for Ava during the captive storyline and once that was over, they had no clue what to do with her. And you can't say that it was because they knew Tamara would be leaving. Why not have Ava just die if that was the case? It's clear as day that the writers have no idea what to do with Ava and she's just giong to linger around town until Tamara leaves the show.

I did enjoy Ava vs. Chelsea though. Meow!

Excuse me while I puke thanks to the Daniel pimping that went down on today's show thanks to Nick, Maggie and Bo. The entire scenes discussing the whole green, eco-friendly stuff was completely forgettable and I'm becoming really annoyed by the whole "going green" pimping that's become DAYS' trademark. I'm over it!

The only thing that kept me into today's show was Phloe. They're hot. Jay Kenneth Johnson and Nadia Bjorlin have undeniable chemistry. Poor Nadia though. She is getting such crappy material that just doesn't suit her. She was awesome when she first returned in November as the high class diva. Once Hogan's team left though, the material for Chloe became below average and you can tell that Nadia is bored. She definitely won't be staying once her contract is over. She's over the show once again. Anyone can see it.

I don't really remember Lucas and Sami even being on today's episode. That's not a sign of good writing.

The show's episodes, day to day, are so forgettable now. I'm feeling the same way I felt in 2003 concerning the show.

• Members

Let me start off by saying.....

"Does anyone need a lawyer?"....................EJ a lawyer? So he's a race car driver, business media tycoon and lawyer. Ok. I get it. EJ's the [!@#$%^&*]. Not judging at all. I understand that characters go through career changes. Though if they keep this up, he'll become a "Mary Sue".

John/Marlena/Abe/Roman - I found myself enjoying Drake aka "Christian Bale as Batman". Given what I've seen through clips and spoilers leading up to this point, I'm going to get tired of him very fast (again). Though I do like this change in his character. It freshens him up. I don't like what they're doing to Marlena. As a MarlenaFF, I prefer to see her as a standalone character. I prefer her to be Dr. Marlena Evans Black (or is it DiMera?)....who just happens to be in a relationship with John/Roman/Forrest/nuDiMera. Again, not judging. Just my personal taste. And I did have a bit of a flashback to 2000.

Ava/Chelsea - I adore Tamara. I could watch this woman read the dictionary for all I care. I enjoyed the snarky scenes at the SPD. Though I STILL don't think Tams was needed, I'm glad I got to see her on another soap (side note: I kept up with her story through Youtube clips and Tamara fan sites). Can she PLEASE come back to GH as Carly (or Claudia. Tams and Tyler would be hot).

Daniel/Chelsea/Nick - Shawn Christian is adorable. The subtle snark coming from Nick was good. If DAYS really wanted to do something interesting, Nick would develop a crush on Daniel and be in a triangle with Chelsea, lol. As far as Daniel/Chelsea go, I'm not going to like them. Shawn Christian is old....he looks like he could be Rachel Melvin's father. It's creepy. And I think their relationship has progressed WAY too fast (I did follow their story on Youtube).

DiMera Mansion - Is everyone living there now?

Phillip/Chloe - They're walking sex. Don't give a feck about Chloe's pain regarding soon to be nuBrady (I'm sure).

Lucas/Sami/EJ - As someone who doesn't particularly care for Sami/Lucas (I think they're DAYS' version of Sonny & Carly.....mentally unstable people in an emotionally abusive, and self-destructive cycle that needs to stop), I think the POSSIBILITY of EJ and Sami (taking the rape OUT of the equation) is a great thing. I think Ali and James have great chemistry. From a soap standpoint, I can see the allure that Sami feels towards EJ. And I think her falling for EJ while being in love with Lucas is great soap. That said, if I can put the rape scenes between EJ/Sami out of my head, I could probably enjoy them as a couple. But that's going to be very hard to do. However I'll attempt to enjoy them from a soap standpoint.

EJ and Ava...........:wub:

Archived