Your Y&R writing dream team

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would agree IF they told a rape storyline, but they didnt. Hogan used that ngith as a plot point to get heroine sami to get prego by ej. she changed long before that tho. she became the saint and heroine brady. she became carrie. sami was stripped of everything that made her sami.

and the moment hogan left she got it back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

An update:

Head Writer

Nancy Curlee

Breakdown Writers

Frederick Johnson

Trent Jones -> he's not on my team, replacing him is Sara A. Bibel*

Michael Minnis

Rex M. Best

Scriptwriters

Beth Milstein

+ some others when I figure them out :D

Story/Creative Consultant

Jerry Birn (he's 85, I think, I don't know if this could work)

* I like her more every day. She writes fluently, and I don't know why, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her talk about Sophocles' in her previous post; some writers wouldn't know Greek tragedy if it hit them with a brick.

• Members

^Sara's also written scripts, so she's not just a breakdown writer. But I personally wouldn't trade Trent for Sara, though I like her. I know experience means nothing to you, but Trent has that and has worked with greats like Claire Labine, Pam Long, Nancy Curlee Demorest, and Bill Bell.

Oh, and I thought I told you that Nancy was now going by Nancy Demorest. ;):P

• Members

Trent is a great writer, and has Co-HW experience at Y&R. His years as Kay and Jack's Co-HW are considered by many to be Y&R's best years post-Bill Bell.

I see what you're saying though. Look at Megan McTavish, who has trained under Pam Long, Agnes Nixon, and Wisner Washam. How can anyone be that bad having worked under those people?

• Members

There's a certain high-brow quality to the Dobsons writing, which I think would work on Y&R. Their writing style can also be melodramatic and campy, some core elements of classic Y&R. They wouldn't be too bad a fit, I'd think.

However, If I had it my way, the former GL writer we'd get would be the sensational Nancy Curlee Demorest, if she ever chooses to grace daytime television again.

Archived