Days: Week of March 24th - 28th

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you would've asked me years ago if I would be sad that Shawn and Belle I would've said hell no, but Martha has made Belle a character I actually want on my screen even when she's being a bitch, it's going to suck when they officially leave.

• Administrator

What was up with that doctor giving Bo the wrong medication? Apparently he didn't read the charts? What was the purpose of that scene? It was such bad writing. LOL

Ava saw Steve/Hope hugging again and it looks like, from the previews, Hope gets kidnapped. :rolleyes: Talk about such a bad storyline. The timing is all wrong for a kidnapping.

• Members

The last few moments of Martha and Deidre's scenes were clearly the actors saying good bye. There was a point when Belle was talking about how she and Shawn were pursuing their dreams but there was absolutely no enthusiasm behind it. I thought Sami and Shawn's scenes were touching, also - especially talking about Grandpa Shawn. It reminds me how nice it is to see Sami mixing it up in scenes with characters other than the men in her life. Overall, though, the timing of their leaving feels awkward. It would have been better if they were planning and had the boat somehow before Bo was sick and delayed their plans for awhile. However, there wasn't a real opportunity before he got sick either.

I loved the Ava scenes. Her scenes with Angelo were great. For those that feel she is being written as a one-note character, I honestly don't feel like they have scratched the surface much - her storyline was simmering while Bo was sick. But I do feel like they have laid a lot of groundwork for there to be more to her. Numerous times they have referenced how she was not crazy before Steve left. Also, the Angelo scenes showed us that she was known as the "brains" of the family.

The Steve and Hope scenes worked really well. Which was surprising because I am frustrated that *another* person knows about Ava before Kayla and I think Steve telling her was really just to further the plot for Hope's kidnapping. But Stephen and Kristian delivered the lines with the appropriate nuances and hit the emotional beats. We finally got to hear Steve's perspective and see the burden and guilt he is carrying, including for Shawn Sr.'s death.

The scenes where Kayla confronts the doctor seemed contrived but ultimately Kayla's reactions were in character - the whole set up for them should have been written in a smoother way. The Bo and Kayla scenes always rocked - Mary Beth and Peter really sell the close sibling vibe so well that the dialogue does not matter so much. Maybe there was some foreshadowing with Kayla's line that she is not so tough, just don't mess with her family.

• Administrator

Yeah, today was a bit better too as we're slowly learning about her. I liked her scenes with Angelo (where is he from....he looks familiar!) outside the bedroom where she some vulnerability.

Still not liking the kidnapping.

1. The kidnapper is suppose to know the victim so there can be some kind of dynamics between the two (ie: Carly/Vivian, Marlena/Stefano, Stefano/John, Jude/Hope, Susan/Kristen/Marlena). There's suppose to be some sort of rivalry to make it more meaningful.

2. The hero (Bo) is in the hospital. How is he suppose to save Hope?

3. It's happening too fast. We barely even know Ava and Ava barely knows the victim. Why not have Ava get close to Kayla somehow and develop that relationship for months and then have Ava kidnap Kayla. Make it close to due date of the baby so Ava can steal the baby to get some leverage.

Anyway, I really liked the Philip/Max preview for tomorrow! I would definitely be down for a Philip/Morgan pairing though a Philip/Stephanie pairing would be much better.

• Members

Floved the Hope and Ava scenes. Kristian does a good job playing b!tch, and I loved her WTF expressions at Ava. For those claiming Ava is being written as a one-note psycho, I think we got to see more layers today. That said, I think having a strong actress like Tamara Braum is what will save Ava's character.

I am so ready for Nick to move on. I have no patience for Chelsea and Dr. Jonas. Can she not see that he is sparking more with her GRANDMOTHER than her??

Once again, Peter and Mary Beth will always sell me the good sister-brother scenes. What was up with the fishing pole conversation (and Steve mentions them later when they went home)? I almost felt like there was something about those poles that has some significane to something later?? LOL

Yay to references to Sonja (Benjy's widow) and the Pocket man. It is always good when obvious historical references are mentioned.

Hint, hint about Philip and his *biological* child. Geez! Steve and Kayla have made numerous (i.e., at least once or twice a month ;) ) references to the baby since they gave him up. It bugs me that the writers have made Philip just forget about it. Or maybe it is Stephen and Mary Beth adding it in? When the plane was crashing, people were upset that Bo and Hope did not talk about Ciara. I know Steve and Kayla's reference to Stephanie was something that Stephen and Mary Beth added in themselves. What I would *love* would be to see Victor and Philip actually have a conversation about the baby together. Because Victor so should have been a part of that storyline.

LOL at Kayla's joke that Steve might need to hire a body guard for her. Loved their joking and the little moments at home. When they are laughing together like that, it always feels very natural and impromptu. Jo-Oline.

It would be interesting if the charity event Kayla was talking about would actually be some big gala event where we can see the characters are dressed up - and maybe some big whodunit attached with it.

• Members

Did you guys see the new DOOL Obsession promo that aired during Biggest Loser?

It was all about Ava and Hope. It looked sooooooooo good. I could really see how an old GH fan could be watching NBC primetime, catch that promo, and tune in to see their Carly. The SL looks to be picking up finally.

• Administrator

Morgan to Philip: "Hopefully I can do whatever I can to service your needs."

Kate clears her throat.

:lol:

So is Philip/Morgan/Stephanie/Max a go? I'm down for that if it leads to Philip/Stpeh and Max/Morgan. :)

Oh, and the "just like that" writer was back today.

Ava: "Just like that?"

hope: "Just like that."

:lol:

• Members

Toups, i knew you'd comment on the "just like that" line..I actually really liked it today, mainly because Ava was mocking Hope....Tamura is doing a great job and plays off Kristian very well..I'm just happy that we got a little bit of a twist with this story, Ava thinking Hope was Kayla and kidnapping her, as opposed to the alternative of Ava kidnapping a pregnant Kayla..

Morgan and Phillip definitely have a nice chemistry and i really enjoyed their scenes..It was very refreshing...but i'm glad that Chloe is back tomorrow..I want them to get into what happened to Brady..but i'm guessing that stalled because they haven't sent out a casting call for Brady yet..But a Morgan, Phillip, and Chloe triangle could be nice..Or if they get rid of Chloe at some point, i could go for Morgan, Max, Steph, and Phillip....

I also hope we get more of Tony, Anna, and Kate...i want a Kate and Anna scene so badly...

Archived