AMC: SID Spoilers

• Members

Casting:

An insider tells the mag that even though Jeff Branson is still on contract through the spring, Jonathan will get no final scenes.

Elizabeth Rodriguez joins the show Thursday, March 13, in the contract role of Carmen "Sugar" Suarez, one of Erica's fellow jailbirds.

SID mentions how Ricky Paull Goldin is in talks to join a NY based ABC soap. We now know that he's joining AMC as Jake Martin.

Jesse's Past Closes In On Tad!

After running info Tad's creepy uncle Robert, Jesse and Frankie are left creeped out. Frankie follows him, & gets a more favorable impression of Robert. Realizing that he is putting his family in danger by helping Jesse, Tad insists to Krystal that she and Jenny move back in with Adam. Tad tells Adam that he's the only one capable of protecting Krystal and Jenny. Adam gives Tad a hard time at first, but agrees to let them move in with him. As Krystal moves back in, it becomes obvious that Adam and Krystal still have feelings for each other. Jesse finds a name in a mysterious piece of paper and wonders whether it's a clue about his kidnappers. At the same time, Robert chips away & Tad's wariness and later goes to visit Remy's mother. After a memory flash, Jesse lets Tad know recalls the sound of water and clock chimes after he woke up from "dying" all those years ago. With that info, Tad scouts a few possible locations where Jesse might have been held. Tad & Jesse plan to visit a site, where they might just find an armed and dangerous Robert waiting.

VCR Alerts:

Monday March 10: Robert stays a step ahead of Frankie.

Adam's gloating over Tad's situation on Tuesday, March 11, stokes Krystal's passion on Wednesday, March 12.

Monday, March 17: Jesse faces the demons of his past.

Tuesday, March 18: Jesse finds something unsettling.

Wednesday March 19: Frankie & Colby go missing.

Thursday March 20: Willing to do anything to save his son, Jesse throws himself into the mix.

Friday, March 21: Jesse is front and center when guns begin going off.

Thursday, March 13: Kendall lies to Zach about spending time with Ryan, while Greenlee keeps her kiss with Ryan a secret from Aidan.

Friday, March 14: Zach just about reaches his limit with Kendall.

Will Zach Crack?

Everybody knows that on soaps, secrets never stay buried. So while Kendall isn't carrying Aidan's child, that doesn't mean that Zach won't find out about her adultery. And despite the emotional ground Zach has covered in the past few years, Thorsten Kaye thinks viewers will probably see his tough guy character revert to form once the news breaks. TK says, "This is my problem with soaps, and this one is no exception. Sometimes we do things, we tell story, and the characters don't change. We always go back to zero." Through loving Kendall, Zach has learned to go a little bit easier on the people he loves-which will make it all the more painful when he finds out that he's been lied to. TK says, "Something like that, a disappointment like this, will make him go back to black and white. You have to. Something has to happen."

Cameron Mathison talks about how fans reacted to his storyline at a fan event he had. CM knew what they'd say, but feeling the need to address it anyway, he took a deep breath and forged ahead. CM asked "What do you think about Ryan having amnesia?" and before he could even get the question out of his mouth he was met with scattered boos. CM says "I'll just say, selfishly for me, I get to go to work in the morning and have a completely different relationship with all of my co stars." But CM knows what his audience is worried about, and turns out, he's worried about it, too. CM says "I'm like, Okay that's cool. But at the same time, I don't know. I'm not really thinking that Ryan has the sensitivity I thought he would. In other words, just because he's got amnesia doesn't make him a you-know-what." The fans at the event agreed with CM's take on Ryan. CM says "I'm trying to soften it all." But Ryan's single-mindedness in nabbing Kendall doesn't sit well with his portrayer. CM says "It's challenging. It's not what I thought was going to happen."

It was difficult to imagine, given Rebecca Budig's heralded return to the role of Greenlee in January, that the AMC higher-ups wouldn't at least attempt to pair the shows prodigal daughter with it's golden boy once more. After all, Ryan and Greenlee were a popular couple in recent AMC history, and now the "real" Greens is back. Cue the sappy music and fade to black, right? Mathison isn't so sure. "I can only imagine they're going to see how it goes with the audience. I got a lot of feedback just signing autographs just now, and a lot of people do like Ryan and Annie together."

CM now explains how Ryan's treatment of Zach just didn't seem right to him. CM explains what he said to the TPTB: "My argument was, 'Guys, Ryan's not an idiot. If I had amnesia, even though this guys got everything I used to have, I know I'm his friend. He's got pictures of me in his office, and there's still some sensitivity there."

But CM asserts he's still happy being on AMC, & recent scripts indicate we may see a less hell-bent Ryan soon-a move which the actor approves. "I've heard that coming up, Ryan is really torn. He's really heartbroken because of what he's doing to Emma and the kids and Annie. So he fakes it. He tells people that he remembers again. He's tired of ripping everybody's hearts out. He actually cares how it's affecting people other than himself." In the end, whether Ryan reacquires those missing for years ma come down to how much fans are willing to invest in postage and E-mail time. CM says I think it's just really going to be fan driven."

Readers' Poll

Who is the right woman for Ryan?

64% Greenlee

29% Annie

7%Kendall

"Sorry Annie, but it looks like the majority of viewers would rather see your husband back with Greenlee!"

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/amc/main/104388

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad that CM at least can see how ridiculous his sl has become- completely nonsensical. The only part that kinda makes sense is that he reverted back to his jerky ways that was four years ago. I think Ryan did grow as a character-- he was so much less of an ass right before he got grazed by that bullet. Everything else with this sl is just stupid.

• Members

Please, Ryan and Greenlee were a ratings disaster! As soon as the baby switch story was over, and Ryan/Greenlee went front burner, ratings plummeted. On what planet are they seen as a successful pairing? In fact, I don't get Frons' infatuation with Cam and Rebecca. Cam has never brought in the ratings, and neither has post-Leo Greenlee.

• Members

I actually think Ryan has been more sympathetic since he got shot in the head. This was the best thing they could have ever done for the character of Ryan. Especially after they thoroughly destroyed the character back in 2005 with that stupid Lavery blood storyline. Ryan going back to Kendell is the one thing in this story that makes sense. Ryan with Greenlee never made sense at all and Greenlee turned into a stepford wife in that pairing.

• Members

And those soapnet promos regarding Ryan/Annie/Greenlee/Kendall are preposterous, not to mention insulting to our intelligence. The voiceover advises the viewer "this is gonna be good." I can't imagine anyone seeing the commercial and not laughing. Do they honestly think Cameron Mathison and this story are going to pull in viewers? Do they have such little regard for our intelligence? I'll add to the chorus and scream, WHY DO BRIAN FRONS AND JULIE CARRUTHERS STILL HAVE JOBS? It's mind boggling.

Archived