AMC: B&E rewriting history again

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But David showed up, right? I know some people wondered why she all of a sudden had a fear of thunderstorms but that was because, before that scene, she was with someone during a storm. At that scene, she was alone the same way she was alone on the night of the rape.

• Members

Nope, he didn't show up either. She sat there and watched the candles melt. She was mad, but she wasn't scared or afraid. It's just another example of writers recycling and plugging in things that they think make sense. :rolleyes:

• Members

I guess being mad took away from being scared...but yea it shows lack of consistency

also, I can tell you that post traumatic stress sometimes appears and then it does not. I am sure the same goes for Erica. Some days are trigger days and others they are trigger free. Take it from someone who has PTSD. One of the triggers for mine is police sirens. Sometimes, I get an unsettling feeling when I see them but others I do not. That is the case with Erica and thunderstorms.

• Members

Um... the fact that that's not how the rape was written. Eric was indeed there, but he wasn't able to stay because he was called away to the movie studio, so he sent Richard Fields in his place. Erica wasn't sitting there all alone with Eric not showing up, so there shouldn't be any memories triggered by Chris not showing up. Like I said, the pitch itself is fine... it makes sense -- if that's what had actually happened. But it's not. The story was, again, modified to fit that particular story point.

I have no comment. :) La dee da dee daaah :P (But that's one of the reasons why I kept saying "allegedly")

I agree... and I was living right here in the States.

Archived