• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marlee Matlin

Penn Jillette (eww)

Adam Carolla (ditto)

Marisa somebody from Hairspray (who?)

Kristi Yamaguchi

Cristian de la Fuente (again, who? I had to look the spelling up)

Monica Seles

Mario (one name....say it again...who??? some hiphop guy)

Steve Guttenburg (omg, somebody I might actually care enough to like, lol)

Jason Taylor (not into football, so the 4th person I've never heard of, lol)

Shannon Elizabeth (make that the 5th)

Priscilla Presley

I think I'm already bored.

• Members

Here are the couples who will be partnered - I agree that Julianne will not be having a threepeat. I wonder how they decide who will be partnered with who? Is it random or planned or strategized?

Olympic Gold Medal skater Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas

Actress Priscilla Presley and Louis van Amstel

NFL star Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska

Actor Cristian de la Fuente and Cheryl Burke

R&B singer Mario and Karina Smirnoff

Oscar-Award-winning actress Marlee Matlin and Fabian Sanchez

Illusionist Penn Jillette and Kym Johnson

TV and Radio Personality Adam Carolla and Julianne Hough

Actress Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough

Actress Marissa Jaret Winokur and Tony Dovolani

Former Tennis Champ Monica Seles and Jonathan Roberts

Actor Steve Guttenberg and Anna Trebunskaya

• Members

Thank you for posting who they are partnered with! I've been looking for that.

I definitely think it is strategy in who they are partnered with. I don't think they want any of the pros winning too many times, hence why I think Cheryl got Wayne Newton last year. I think the year before, Ian did better than they expected. This year they once again gave her somebody younger.

I'm not that impressed with the cast. I think they may be aiming for a woman to win. However if it is a man I think they may want Edyta to be the winning pro. I'm not familiar with Jason Taylor but seeing his picture he is a hunk and football players have done well by pulling in a lot of support. OF the women, I would think Kristi should do quite well with having figure skating experience.

I know not everybody likes Maks but I will miss him on the show.

• Members

I saw this on Entertainment Tonight I think. It was one of those 7 o'clock shows that comes on after the Evening News. I would like to see Priscilla Presley and lets not forget about Steve Guttenberg! :lol: I was just thinking of him the other day because I realized that I haven't seen him in a movie in a VERY long time! And what d'ya know!! Here he is on Dancing With The Stars!

• Members

I'm not impressed with the cast at all. There's usually someone, but this season there's none. :( Hopefully that will change later on.

Steve Guttenberg... :lol: Last time I saw him was on Veronica Mars and I was so annoyed with him because he's such a poor actor and i can't imagine him being better at dancing. lol

I feel bad for Kym!! It's time for her to atleast have a fit partner.

Marlee Matlin could be interesting to see though. She can't hear the music so imagine this will be difficult for her.

Kristi Yamaguchi could be dangerus. She'll be graceful for sure and Mark is an awesome dancer.

I'm hoping Jason taylor will turn out to be a great dancer because Edyta deserves to win. She's been my favorite and she's been in every season.

I'm sad too see there's no Alec Mazo. :( Perhaps he got tired of getting unpopular partners. Too bad because he's so awesome and smokin hot.

Ohh, and I'll miss Maks and I'm sick and tired of Cheryl.

• Members

I saw the show, too. It was nice to see the champs dance again. The Emmitt and Drew stuff was funny.

I was a little startled by Priscilla Presley's appearance. More botched plastic surgery....seems to be more the rule than the exception. :huh: I wonder how many weeks in (assuming she survives elimination) it will take before she's dancing to an Elvis song. You know it's gonna happen. Don't know anything about Mario but when I saw him I thought "oh, that guy was in Freedom Writers." :P I'm a little curious as to how Marlee and her partner will communicate during those long rehearsals, esp. if the interpreter isn't always there and she can't always see her partner's mouth. I think Steve Guttenberg's personality and humor will endear him to the viewers--I think he'll exude the same kind of warmth that Emmitt, Jerry S., and Helio did. The dancing remains to be seen. :P (Yeah, I'll still watch.) ;)

Why all the Cheryl hate? :( I love her. She's what got me hooked in Season 2.

• Members
I don't hate her. Hate is a strong word and doesn't describe my feelings about her. But I just find her a little fake, like when she smiles sometimes and stuff. I don't know, I get a weird vibe from her and I would be satisfied if she skipped a season (or two).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

From motorsport.com:

Castroneves weighs in on next season of "Dancing with the Stars": Helio Castroneves, the reigning "Dancing with the Stars" champion, will be an "Entertainment Tonight" contributor when the sixth season of the celebrity competition premieres March 17. He'll be in the audience scrutinizing the contestants.

"It will be fun again to see friends and see the stars getting nervous like I was," said Castroneves, who teamed with professional dance partner Julianne Hough to win the mirror ball trophy in November.

Castroneves recently relayed some advice to Miami Dolphins 6-6, 255-pound defensive end Jason Taylor, who is paired with Edyta Sliwinska.

"You think your training camp is hard --," Castroneves joked. "I told him, 'Have fun and don't be too competitive because you're already competitive in your job, and just relax."

So who is the champ's choice to dance off with the mirror ball trophy?

"Right now, the early favorite is Kristi Yamaguchi," said Castroneves, referring to the 1992 Olympic Games figure skating gold medalist. "She has the experience ice skating so that might give her an early advantage. But remember, it's not only about dancing. It's the whole package."

Archived