Dancing With The Stars Season 6

• Members

Mario and Karina were hot last night, I think mario is the guy to beat in this competition. An why oh why do the judges and tom bergeron keep mentioning Mario lopez he was on like 2 or 3 seasons ago and I don't think karina is even involved with him anymore.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching Monica Seles was just painful. I think maybe she and Shannon will be the bottom two of the women...Shannon was a little awkward but lack of a fanbase may do her in. Monica just scowls through everything and I just thought she was too awkward physically. I really liked Priscilla's dance but that plastic surgery...it just makes her look like one of those porcelain dolls with the painted faces. Her makeup creates different effects, too...sometimes she looks softer, sometimes too plasticy. Kristy and Marlee did great, too. Marisa needs to be channelled differently...she's not as overpowering dance-wise as Sabrina, moreso personality-wise, which may not fit with the dance.

I think Priscilla's foxtrot was my favorite of the ladies, though. She moved well, looked good with Louis and the song was perfect.

LOL, I think Steve is sort of the everyman/everywoman...he has the kinds of reactions you might expect from the average person, like look, Ma, I'm really dancing on this major tv show! :P

Sidenote: Lisa Marie looks more and more like her father...her facial features...the lips, the nose, pure Elvis. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that she has a grown/teenage child.

• Members

Which guy do you think will will go home? I think Julianne's fanbase might carry AC through, but I hope not. I also want Monica to go home, for her own sake really. She seems so uncomfortable. I want to see if Shannon Elizabeth can improve. I think she has potential, but KM is going to be hard to beat.

• Members

Oh brother, I thought the judges giving Penn one point higher than Steve was ridiculous. Penn needs to go home. :angry: His "dance" was terrible. And Monica is never going to look comfortable so I hope she's out tomorrow as well.

I've always liked Cheryl but so far I can't get into Cristian. I look at him and think of Harry Hamlin dancing. :mellow:

Speaking of reminders, did anyone else think of Julie Newmar's Catwoman the minute they showed Priscilla? ;) But she did seem less nervous than last week, although I didn't feel like that dance, to use the judges' term, had enough content in it. Or maybe it was that I liked last week's dance and this one seemed like a bit of a letdown somehow. Still, I want to see what else she's got. I think she's doing fine...and she's most likely got the Elvis fanbase (or at least a part of it) behind her so I don't think she's going anywhere for a while. I'll be curious to see how the Elvis fanbase will compare to the Osmond fanbase voting-wise.

Funny line from Tom after Jason said he was happy he didn't pass out and Tom said yes, he was happy also and gave that look to the camera. :lol: Tom had a couple of good ones last night..."changing the world one low score at a time." :P

• Members

I'd like to see Monica and Adam C go home tonight. Monica just seems so uncomfortable and AC doesn't seem like he's really putting his all into it. I sort of feel bad for Julianne, although I'm not her biggest fan. I was glad to see Shannon Elizabeth do better. I get the feeling she's someone who will keep improving each week, but I agree the lack of fanbase will do her in sooner than later, which is too bad. Kristi Y really shines. She's my favorite right now. I'm really hoping a woman wins this time, since so many people think that can't happen.

• Members

I'd love to see a woman win this time too and think Kristi could definitely be the woman to do it. She's my top pick at this point. I'm really impressed with how Mark is working with her too and getting her to loosen up. I think that's probably her biggest challenge but we certainly saw a different side of Kristi last night. She's used to performing before large crowds and I think that helps her keep her focus and cool.

Jason is my favorite of the men. That was one sexy mambo without being over the top! Mario is good but Karina bugs me and so that affects my opinion lol.

For the women, I'm pretty sure it will be Monica leaving. I like her but she just can't dance and the other women deserve to stay over her. I'm leaning towards Adam leaving for the men with Penn on the bubble and should be the next to go. I agree that Shannon will probably leave earlier than she should. I know Derek made the comment about pretty women leaving early. I don't think that is it. I think it is just women that don't have the fanbase and I also don't really see Shannon connecting with the audience which is what is needed to keep them around.

• Members

Derek is my favorite pro, but I thought that was an obnoxious comment. Jennie isn't pretty? Mel B isn't pretty? Kelly Monacco won (sort of), she isn't pretty? Think before you speak! :lol:

I completely agree with you that the reason some of these women have been voted off is lack of fanbase and not the fact that they are attractive.

• Members
They are pretty for sure. But I know what he mean when he talks about pretty girl being vote off too soon. Shannon is pretty in a different way, don't know how to explain it.

I don't care who wins it, man or woman... as long as he/she deserves it.

My favorites so far is:

* Kristi Yamaguchi (of course). She's just awesome.

* Shannon Elizabeth. She really stepped up. Great job.

Derek is such a good teacher and choreographer, so is Mark Ballas and Julianne. Mark, Derek and Julianne's routines are so much fun to watch. Edyta is right there with them too at times, she's an awesome teacher though.

Marlee Matlin is such an insperation. I have no words.

Marissa Jaret Winokur. Sorry, I think she should go next week.

Steve Guttenberg. Love his personality. And yes, it was a joke that he got 1 point less then Penn!!!

Cristian de la Fuente. I have a problem with his attitude. He seems to think he's better then he really is. In some ways arrogant.

Jason Taylor. He's good considering he's so tall. Edyta is doing a great job here.

Priscilla Presley. She's doing ok.

Mario. Sure he's good, but I'm not really connecting with him.

Adam Carolla. Wish Julianne got a better dancer.

Monica Seles. I feel bad for her. She really wacted to improve. But it was the right decision to send her home.

Penn Jillette. OMG Annoying much, bye bye! Feel really bad for Kym though. I think she's had enough of these really bad "dancers" now. I don't really understand why they need to have them in the show anyway. It's a waste of time for the pro dancer. imo

• Members

Looks like Derek hurt his neck in practice and Jonathon is going to help Shannon until they are sure Derek can perform. Hopefully he'll feel better soon.

I'm sad to see Steve go, I was hoping Adam would leave. Oh well, maybe this coming week.

• Members

Yeah, I knew as soon as they saved Adam that Steve was in trouble. The producers need to get control over all the filler stuff they put in. It's bad enough the eliminated person gets rushed off at the end but what happened to Steve wasn't fair. I'm not blaming Tom, he was just doing what he's told to do. But it's like those interminable awards shows....cut down on the crap so people have time to say what they want to say when their moment comes. That hobby segment stopped being funny (if it ever was) after the 2nd or 3rd person. And they are running out of different angles to look at the competition. At this point I'm almost expecting Bob & Jillian, the trainers from The Biggest Loser, to chime in with their opinions on how everyone is eating and what workouts they need.

Wow, I guess it was a good thing Monica got eliminated. Jonathan's been busy helping other teams ever since. :lol:

Archived