GL: Memo to GH - If You Wanna Do The...

• Members

so with GH's horrid storyline of rid going out od towen and meeting some newbie i think we are suposed to like her, and them, i thought i would school them by showing these scenes from Guiding Light...

i couldnt decide if i should post these here or in video... but whatever.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

two more to check out as well.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And we can't exclude our wonderful Mary Alice Dywer Dobbin (MADD). But, then I wonder what Guiding Light would be if she were still the one in charge of production for both P&G soaps. Would it be a vast improvement or the same travesty that we're seeing presently?

• Members

This very true. To make matters worse they are on a recast which still is a big miss. It's too hard to buy into that Ric went soul searching and immediately opens up his heart to some woman. There is no intense physical attraction. There is no intensity at all. And if they plan on having her confess all to Ric to lead to something genuine then it's still a bust. There has to be something powerful there in the first place and this isn't even in the ballpark.

• Members

Rick Hearst is probably the most talented actor on GH. He can do any type of scene and sell it. However, ITA with JP. He cannot sell this Marianna = Love of my Life SL. Because it just came out of nowhere! Even he can't do something with, literally, nothing. How are we supposed to be invested in this "blossoming" love story. We've had, what, three scenes featuring the two of them?

Some of this dialogue is very reminiscent of Ric's last scenes with Skye. Especially when Mariana and he talked about being lonely little kids blah blah. It was exactly like when Skye spoke about her Poor Little Rich Girl upbringing and Ric said "Where were you when I was 12?!" It felt like stuff the writers had initially wanted to use for RiSky. But it fell flat here.

I'm still waiting for Ric and Claudia to cross paths. Now that would have produced sparks.

BTW, what the hell has happened to GL?

Archived