Marlena De Lacroix says 'Multiple Suspect Murder Mysteries are So-o-o Done!'

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually completely disagree on this one. Sure, it's often done badly. But what story line on soaps isn't?

I will agree that the TMK on General Hospital has been a disater, but I blame that more on atrocious writing than anything else. It never made sense. Of all of the characters on the show, they picked two popular young women who literally NO ONE had any motive in killing.

Contrarily, I really enjoyed the B&B story. I thought that it was an excellent example of a who dunnit. There were many characters with convincing motives, and real moral questions involved. And it is still providing residual drama. I thought that story was very well carried out.

So I still think that a well-executed murder mystery can be fantastic. And I will take that soap convention any day over watching yet another "who's the daddy?" or serial rapist.

• Administrator

This made me LMAO!!

Marlena is right though. These murder mysteries with mulptile suspects the past couple of years has been awful. I think the reason why the TMK has no urgency or narrative is because TPTB didn't know who the killer was at the beginning of the story. Now they've thrown this mysterious guy who works at Kelly's?

ITA, B&B ended this too quickly.

The last best serial killer storyline was of course the Salem Serial Killer - it didn't have multiple suspects (at least I don't remember it did LOL). :D

Archived