AMC: MMT has some nerve

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is already being discussed in the Writer's Strike thread but yes. She does have nerve publically going after the people who replaced her at AMC after her disasterous run. They may not be up to much in terms of good soap opera, but they aren't destroying the history of this show like she did, they are actually beginning to honor it.

• Members

How can every character being acting out of character when only 4 have been prominently featured in the past 6 months :P? I just find it laughable that this hack thinks she's got anything on these two. They are at the very least on par with each other in terms of writing ability.

• Members

Name me 1 character that hasn't regressed and isn't acting out of character? I can only think of one: Erica

Doesn't matter how many characters are featured(and IMO that song & dance is beyond old....no offense)

Oh I find them much, much worse. McTavish was bad, but at least in her own twisted way she cared about the show in some aspect. B&E don't care about the show or it's characters

• Members

Cared about the show so much she reversed an abortion, had a core character bury a man alive... oh that was really in character. As boring and drab as the show has become under B&E, it isn't disgusting or revolting in anway which it totally was under McTavish.

Like I said, at the very least, different styles, but on par in terms of writing ability. mcTavish is just bitter she doesn't have a job and probably never will again in daytime. She needs to shut the hell up.

• Members

Well I watched this show for a long time (30 yrs-bailed somewhat w/Brooke, by Dixie and the pancakes, I was done) recently tuned back in only for the icon supercouple returning so I'm re-connecting...I don't much care for many of the current characters on board but I would have to agree I'm having seeing some history issues...and redundancy...just an overview can't rush to judgement but my first impression...I see Erika still acting as an ingenue w/debutante qualities (thus far) which is disturbing

mz_4074252_bodyshot_175x233.gif

• Members

While I'm in support of the WGA, Megan needs to STFU. She has a bit of an ego on her, and no doubt hates the fact that B&E replaced her and she was given the heav-ho.

If you are truly outraged, Megan, then just don't slam the writers that replaced you, but slam all of the writers in daytime that have gone Fi-Core. What about Josh Griffith? Or former co-workers Gary Tomlin and Garin Wolf? And we could go on.

I think it's tacky of her to accuse them of going Fi-Core because they're greedy and want more $$$, when she doesn't really know what their rationale was behind their decision.

• Members

:lol: It's not? What do you call the whitewashing of Spike's deafness? The show was held hostage for 6 months by this particular storyline all to have it undone with the flick of a pen, IMO that's disgusting and revolting.....not to mention all the characters there were torn down & are STILL being torn down for a certain "Real" return.......

Archived