2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, so I was just looking at old closing credits on youtube (because I'm a loser, OK!), and I noticed something that was really weird. In 1985 on AW, Gillian Spencer was listed as Co-HW, but she played Daisy Cortlandt on AMC consecutively from 1980 to 1989, so I wonder how the hell could that happen? How was she allowed to act for an ABC soap, while write for a P&G/NBC soap?

See for yourself here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIYni0Zb5Vs

(embedding was disabled by the poster of the video)

• Members

That was in Aug. 85. In February 85, she's shown as a Writer, too. (I believe that this is Tom Eplin's first day. If not it's another one I've put up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSAuJ5to60

It's one of the clips I am unhappy with because after a particular youtube update they suddenly shrank to this absurd narrow view. At some point I want to convert the files & re-upload. On newer clips I have converted them before uploading.

I would embed it here but I suddenly realized I don't know how to here & I am too tired to learn right this second.

(In the 90s I was really lucky to get a great quality VHS of DAYS, AW, SB on the same day) in Feb.

• Members

Wow! August 23, 1985... almost 22 years ago to the day and still I can clearly remember things from back then.

I totally digress...

I would doubt that Gillian Spencer was on contract at AMC at this point. She could've been recurring by then. Remember, this was 22 years ago because contracts, short term, long term, recurring, negotiations -- all of that -- became public fodder.

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 22 2008, 03:18 AM)
That was in Aug. 85. In February 85, she's shown as a Writer, too. (I believe that this is Tom Eplin's first day. If not it's another one I've put up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSAuJ5to60

It's one of the clips I am unhappy with because after a particular youtube update they suddenly shrank to this absurd narrow view. At some point I want to convert the files & re-upload. On newer clips I have converted them before uploading.

I would embed it here but I suddenly realized I don't know how to here & I am too tired to learn right this second.

(In the 90s I was really lucky to get a great quality VHS of DAYS, AW, SB on the same day) in Feb.

How to embed:

In the bottom left of a compose window, you'll see a drop down menu that is set to "HTML off".

Change it to "HTML Automatic line break mode".

Then, just paste in the "embed" code that Youtube (or any other service) provides.

Presto-chango.

I love it :). And I so love that you are here!

Archived