2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Great interview with Karen! Really looking foward to LIG. It's pretty cool that she knew Sri Rao like 13 years ago and now she's working with him on NS. Can't wait to see those Scorpio family scenes with Robert/Robin/Mac.

I wonder what that project Roy Steinberg and Ken Corday is about. :huh:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still haven't gotten to the Daytime Confidential podcast, which is what you're speaking of here. But, I found where I read her speak briefly of Claire. (Yes, I've been totally obsessed, wandering everywhere all weekend finding things to read about Life in General, I admit it.)

Life in General on MySpace

This blog entry is also found on Facebook as one of Strike TV's Notes.

• Members

Yes, I never cared whether they liked each other or not. They worked! But, that brings up another point I fully believe & have for a long time & that is that some people who work in soaps must have the right person there to set boundaries & pull them back from the edge, facilitate getting them toward balance, etc.! Guza needs that. So do JFP, McTavish, Reilly, ... I'm sure there are others.

All of that is true & it says a mountain. What Labine wrote for GH was just amazing - that anyone would just keep on coming with story that came right out of history & character. And, while Guza had, and obviously still has, a very different view of GH, still, Riche kept him in check, which I think falls to the EP to do.

If either were true I'd be checking the shows out again.

And, presumably, this is what Guza couldn't stand.

I don't know if you find it this year, or now with morale everywhere more strained, but it was common at P&G soaps.

• Members

Cwikly was one of the fi-core writers writing during the strike. Toups's list above has her listed as starting to be credited on January 4, although as I recall, she wasn't credited every day, so she was only listed for episodes she worked on. But Toups's list also backs up your recollection that Bennett/Gottesfeld were the first writers to return after the strike in March and were credited every day, and it was a couple of weeks before other striking writers started to return to the credits.

• Members

If he was, it's probably because he's incorporating the beginnings of his stories (Taylor being the prime example) into these episodes, but since B&E are still there, he legally can't be head writer yet. So the title "consulting producer" probably gets him out of that.

Plus, chances are he "pulled a Guza" (which is the same as "pulling a Reilly") and had it written into his contract that he'd get a producing credit (and producer's pay on top of his writers' salary)

• Members

Oh, the press release that announced him going over to AMC said he was also joining as a Consulting Producer. I also assume he's credited now because the groundwork for his stories are being started.

Pratt and Guza had the Consulting Producer role in their contracts when they returned to GH in 2002 as well.

Archived