2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

You know, I have MAJOR problems with Rauch. He's arrogant, a misogynist, a tyrant EP, he favours camp, and fair judgement isn't his strongest suit.

Had Y&R still been headed by Bell writers, I could've handled Rauch as a consultant, but not now. History has shown that Rauch is only as strong as the writer's he's worked with. If they writers are weak and have very little vision, Rauch walks all over them, of course, the exception was Harding LeMay at AW in the 70's, Rauch's only true success story IMO. From a production stand point, Rauch is very good with sets, getting performances out of actors, but the lighting on his shows are HORRIBLY BRIGHT. I hope this isn't a prelude to Rauch getting the EP job at Y&R, and Y&R is known for dark lightening. :lol:

I know he's much older, but couldn't they have asked Harding LaMay to consult instead of Rauch? :huh:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Harding is 86.

Consultancy is a sh*t job - you write tons of story bibles and all sorts of cr*p and no one ever uses your ideas.

So there's no point in bringing consultants and inflating even more the already terrible Y&R team.

• Administrator

Y&R:

- Natalie Minardi Slater last listed as Associate Head Writer on July 14 (don't worry, she'll be back)

- Marla Kanelos first listed as Associate Head Writer on July 15

- Hogan Sheffer first listed as Co-Head Writer on July 15

• Members

Okay, so I guess that explains why the material starts being more interesting... hopefully this will turn into something good.

At least she knows the show. There aren't a lot of old Y&R writers, and we don't need ALL newbies there.

• Members

I meant, it's good to see that at least someone is still there. Even though we don't know exactly what part is Natalie contributing too.

Why is it that you hate her?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Archived