GH - Week of November 12th Discussion

• Members

yes but was it right for Sam to let the kidnapper take Jake and she did NOTHING to stop it, no. Sam is selfish, always has and always will be. Elizabeth and Jason was actually protecting Jake from the numbers of enemys that could get to Jason through Jake.

How about this, Sam also knew that Jake was Jason too but she never told Lucky. She wants to hurt Jason but how will hurting jason by telling Lucky Jake isn't his.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

she didnt tell Lucky before bc Jason was threatening her and blackmailing. Thats what has kept her quiet.

Yes Sam is selfish but so is Liz. She keeps changing her tune to match her lie. First its to keep Lucky sober and when he didnt relapse, it was to preserve his happiness and then its bc of Jason's enemies. If Liz really wanted to protect Jake from Jason's life she should have stayed away from him from the getgo. She didnt do that until Sam scared her. Nope until that, she was fine putting Jake in Jason's arms in public and hanging out with him with her kids, when his enemies could ahve caught on and targeted them all.

That doesnt stop her from having one night stands with different men while married and getting pregnant by them

• Members

Finally the truth is out. I felt so bad for Lucky, and I was soo cheering for him when he punched Jason and called Elizabeth a whore. They deserve it. Greg Vaughan was awesome in those scenes.

Even Sam had some good points today, but that still does not excuse the fact that she kept the truth from Lucky and stood by while Jake was kidnapped.

• Members

People seem to use the term quite liberally and in that case applies to everyone on GH except the kids, Georgie and Nadine who hasn't done anything yet.

As for whom Elizabeth belongs with, I'm sure some will disagree but I don't have a problem with her and Jason.

• Members

That's a convenient excuse but a bunch of bull. She had ample time to tell Lucky prior to Jason threatening her for threatening his child since he didn't just threaten her out of the blue for no good reason. She chose not to tell Lucky. If she were concerned about him she certainly wouldn't have picked a party to insist on expsing Elizabeth.

While I agree with you that the reasons for lying are iffy, Sam didn't scare her into keeping her kids away from Jason. Elizabeth stood on the bridge and told Jason he was going to take it all back so no she didn't say I'm so scared over what happened that you can't be around my kids. She went along with him that go round.

• Members

I'm very glad you've said this because I notice that there is always this filtering out inconvenient truths to paint characters in a certain light.

Lying is an integral part of soaps so I don't have any problems with characters lying but I'm not going to applaud one liar while ignoring the lies of another.

Besides the fact that this lie has gone on too long, my problem with them lumping all four characters into this reveal is that even though they are all tainted, having Sam push for the truth to come out is laughable considering that she didn't then expose her own lies. She had no place in that scene except to do her usual I'm barren poor me monologue when the focus should have been on Lucky. She marred that scene. And I have to take back what I may have said about Lucky's dialogue because the most sensible things he said were in the one on one with Sam. All that yelling about Jason trying to steal his child, etc. was stupid dialogue and it wasn't until he got to the perjury part that and simmered down that I found it okay. Sam and her two cents wrecked it.

• Members

I don't even care anymore. So Sam watched the crazy lady take Jake. He would have been far safer with her then with Jason being his father. None of that makes the fact that Elizabeth lied to Lucky about the babies paternity any less horrid then it really is. She made him care for a child that wasn't his. Come attach to that child under a lie and then made him love said child and then took that away from him when she was through with him and realized that it wasn't convient for him to be Jake's father any longer.

There was no kidnapping attempt supposed to take place. It was done with actors to scare Elizabeth and get her to realize how Jason's life would be if she ever was with him. There was no kidnapping attempt that was going to happen.

• Members

Her lying about the paternity isn't excusable. By Lucky's own words, she had no intention of telling him that Jake wasn't his son so she didn't do anything out of convenience. She wasn't the one in the barn pushing for him to find out and she wasn't thrilled that he was told either. She's a horrible person for lying and she's a horrible person for telling the truth. It's a done deal now with one more horrible deed to go.

Now here's where it is really irrelevant as to what Sam's intentions were. The fact that they drew guns, fake or otherwise, in a park, on a mother with two small children is a huge problem. Her desire may have been to put fear into Elizabeth but if you look at this as a hypothetically real situation then the possibility that all kinds of things could have gone wrong is on the table as well.

• Members
Jason threatened Sam the first time she confronted him about the truth. At the time, Jason was her man, so she needed to speak about that with him first before anyone else. She wanted Lucky to knwo from the getgo bc in her mind, she wanted the truth out so that Jason would acknowledge his son and that she could help raise him. She played those mind games to get him to fess up to her which I thought was wrong bc she should have just came out and told him what she knew. When she finally did, Jason threatened her if she told Lucky or anyone else the truth.

well then that makes it even worse. She feels her kids could have been harmed bc of Jason's lifestyle and that doesnt scare her into wanting to protect them? Makes her a horrible excuse for a mother

Obviously

• Members

I LOVE R.N. Elizabeth I. Webber and her portrayer, Rebecca Herbst. Herbst is an underrated thespian and truly deserves a Lead Actress nomination at the 2008 Daytime Emmys. Greg Vaughn was great today. Lucky calling Elizabeth a "whore" is like calling the kettle calling the pot black. He has committed adultery twice while married to Elizabeth- Maxie Jones & Sam McCall.

Does anyone see Sam being killed off in the near future? I have read that Guza Jr. disliked Courtney & Sam, but was told to write many stories for them. Does Guza Jr. hate Carly? If not, what was the crap she was given on the 11/12/07 episode? I believe that she loves Jasper Jacks, so why have her be jealous of Kate Howard? Anything for a story? After all, there are five episodes a week to create.

Anthony Geary was great. After all, he is a pro. Now, bring back Genie Francis, pretty please. :D

Mark Teschner has done it again! The thespian who portrays Leyla (sp?) is very good for the role. She is brimming with potential.

Kimberly McCullough has great facial expressions.

I am liking Johnny Z. more and more.

Does anyone see Guza Jr. becoming HW of AMC or OLTL? It is evident that Frons places a lot of faith in him, and both shows are sinking faster than McTavish & Higley can crack a laugh at their latest ratings. Both women are laughing, all the way to the bank. If Guza Jr. left, I think Korte & Val Jean or Wolf & Val Jean would become GH's HWs. GH's writing team gets along pretty nicely.

David Goldschmid: B; Karen Harris: B; Phideaux Xavier: B; Music: B+

Archived