ATWT: Cady Mcclain Fired

• Members

I do think this had to do with her not signing a contract. Reading her blog (where it doesn't say she was fired) she was brought on to do this one story that was scheduled to run through February and she would have been gone then anyhow. Just about everybody has been complaining about the story so they are ending it and therefore what she was bought on to do has come to an end. There was no obligation on their part to create another story for her and what is to say she even wanted one. Reading her recent interview in SID, it was clear she had no intention of staying a long time.

I really like Cady but I do think it is hard to write for her when she will only commit to a few months at a time. And very possibly the writers strike has entered into this when we don't even know what is happening with the show itself yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her blog does say she was fired. It clearly says that she was slated to stay on through Feb, but THEY decided to wrap her story up early. Not "I decided to leave early." In as much as a recurring actor can be let go... she was. Also, stenbeck212, how can you use her not having a contract as the reason if you're then going to use having a contract as a non-starter anyway since you can be fired every 13-weeks? LOL As ETG says, it's only beneficial for the studio not the actor. Since Cady was let go after a 15 week cycle on ATWT... she would have probably been let go 2 weeks earlier! How could that have helped the situation?

I have posted about the budget and the end of the fiscal year (for both AMC last year, and ATWT this year), being bad juju for Cady. They bring her back... write her a crappy storyline that the audience hates... and then let her go to save money. JMHO

• Members

How do they bring Dix back? Very simple. The woman who returned to PV last year and suffered from Death-by-pancake was NOT Dixie. Hence the baffling out of character behavior. The real Dixie has either been held captive or recoverng from some serious illness. She returns to PV and reunite with Tad. And if we REALLY want to make things work, it will be Brooke, on sabatical with still slightly nutty ReCast Laura, who finds Dix and brings herself, her new younger European boyfriend Claus(wjo would of course have some ties to Zack or ryan: This is AMC, after all) and Laura back to PV ensuring lots and lots of stories. Problem solved:)

• Members

She would not have been let go 2 weeks earlier, because Paul and Rosanna were about to get married and she had just begun snooping on him and Meg. If every actor was let go on the EXACT day their cycle ended, you'd see half the actors in soaps suddenly missing in the middle of their stories. How much clearer can I make it? SHE WOULD BE STAYING PAST THE END DATE AS A COURTESY TO THE PRODUCTION. <---- Make sure you read that part again, if needed. A contract wouldn't keep her around until February, but it wouldn't have gotten her tossed out 2 weeks ago either, because her character is too intertwined to leave with no setup for a departure because TPTB had a change of heart. Who's all broken up about her leaving anyway? Her story was TERRIBLE. All this bellyaching must mean people held out hope that Passanante had something absolutely Shakespearian for this woman to act out in the future.

• Members

Tanks, I iz abl to red EnGlish. :rolleyes: But that still doesn't matter in relation to blaming her lack of contract as the reason she's being written out. In fact, it makes the financials as a reason stand out even more.

Seriously, you're still comparing apples to oranges since she wasn't on contract anyway. It seems that with the PRo wedding slated so closely to her exit (and we also don't know WHEN her exit is, to point out) TIIC changed their mind rather quickly. Good thing they never invested much in Ro anyway... bastards.

• Members

I officially don't care what I compared. Rosanna will be gone by the month's end, and it's time to accept it. I'm done revising explanations for you, because the game of "yeah, but" is going to continue no matter what I post, given the devotion to this woman evidenced in your avatar and signature. I'd bet the Fairwinds that even Cady McClain is glad to be done with this fiasco of a stint.

• Members

I am sad to see Cady go. I understand her frustration with her storyline. What storyline in daytime is great right now? None! :P So did Cady want just 6 months or was that ATWT? Either way I think ATWT she wouldnt stay for very long. Why bring her back if you are only going to have 6 months of story for her. I hate returns like that. Paul Leyden is another example. His returns kept getting worse and worse. Cady did add a spark to the storyline. The storyline was duller before she entered the picture. What will we be left with? Another triangle between Paul/Meg/Craig which was worse than the quad we have now.

I would have rather the baby be Craig's. And Rosanna & Paul run off into the sunset. I never liked Rosanna with Paul. They had zero chemistry. Cady should have been paired with Craig. What a waste having her pine over Paul. <_<

I wish Cady the best. ATWT needs to stop bringing back fan favorites like Cady and Paul for a limited run. It never works out storyline wise. It's too short of a time to tell a story well.

• Members

I think the story has sucked, I think Cady's lucky to be out of it, and I don't think she's sorry to be going. I knew as soon as those rumors hit the mags, it was about Cady. I don't blame her for not liking her story, but even if she was scheduled to tape through February, it's because that's how much time SHE was willing to spend at the show. What did she think was going to happen, storywise?????

I'm tired of ATWT pushing short term story with "big name" actors. It's damaging the show. Honestly, if getting Cady back is the reason this STUPID Quad got a story...then it was a wrong move from the start.

Archived