10 things to fix GH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe because the shows don't like receiving unsolicited ideas. There have been fan campaigns to have things change and it's been ignored. Even when the magazines speak up about what's "wrong" with a certain show, it's ignored. The fact of the matter is, it's hard to break into the daytime industry. It's quite clear that there are those higher ups who don't think anything is wrong, and therefore won't make any changes to the canvas.

The ratings speak for themselves. GH has lost millions of viewers from April 05 to now. I remember when GH was in close contention with Y&R for the #1 spot. A few tenths of a point from being #1. GH ratings have bled since the departure of Tamara Braun. The immediate recast of Carly was not well received by many fans and it backfired. On top of that, GH began rewriting stories and etc. and many tuned out.

It's sad that a show as good as GH can be can't break a 3.0.

Your statement is typical of someone who doesn't like when people criticize what's going on. Throwing out "oh why don't you submit your ideas if they're so great" doesn't make sense because if people could they would.

But....I digress......

• Members

As much as I love the mob stuff - I'm on mob overload! EVERY storyline on this show is mob related. They should rename it to the Carly and Lulu show but W/E. I am so tired of seeing the same 15 people on my screen every day 365 days a year. It beyond insane.

Granted the mob has been a part of this show since the 70s but PLEASE there is no reason this show needs be centered on a mobster and his many merry minions. It's depressing to watch this show and it's become so damn predictable - you KNOW who is going to win and who is going to be sacrificed to make the mobbies look good. God forbid they lose a battle every once in a while.

They bring on rivals for these mini mobsters and yet the new rivals can't seem to do anything right. They all end up dead, disappeared, in prison, or just leave town with their tail between their legs whimpering from the big bad Sonny/Jason lashing. It's ridiculous.

And people wonder why I and others enjoyed Night Shift. PSSH! No mob ... it was a refreshing 13 weeks.

Jen

• Members

I see why GH is in the crappers if these writers arel sitening to fans that just want a couple of people shown everyday.

Personally it's time to tell Sonny, Jason, & al lthe other mobster that they are going down like every other criminals. & while they are doing their time maybe the writers will use the other 95% of their brains to write for the other people on the show.

• Members

Before I read this I was going to suggest an interactive show where they give me--I mean the viewer the ability to delete any scenes I--I mean the viewer--doesn't like. That way there is a guarantee that the viewer will be completely satisfied with the show. I think the viewer has pretty good taste and will pick things that will be entertaining to the masses. :)

• Members

No offense, but are you trying to get ABC Daytime to drop all their shows? What you posted will cause a massive decline in ratings. The "it was just a dream" plot twist is dangerous territory. At this point, any dangerous territory will cause any show to loose what is left of their miniscule audience.

Does GH need a creative overhaul? Hell yes, along with the other 7 shows. Why don't people want to "save" daytime & earn increased profits along the way?

• Members

I agree that all 9 soaps (including passions) needs an overhaul in one way or another. I would love for all shows to get increased profits, but realisticly I think TPTB need to find a way to stabilize their numbers and make sure they don't loose anymore, and begin to increase little by little. If they all continue the decline there will be nothing left to save anyway.

• Members

soapfan4life, do you see any of the eight shows airing less than five episodes a week or possibly being reduced to 30 minutes? for the 30 minutes, I think either AMC or OLTL will go that route. As for airing less episodes per week, I don't think network executives have the guts to do that. ATWT & especially DOOL & GL would benefit from this.

Archived