DAYS: Monday, Oct. 22

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with others that it seems like they are dropping huge anvils regarding Shawn's safety on the Salem PD.

Some of the editing of this episode was aesthetically intriguing to me. I liked the cut from the focus on the blinking red light on the pier to the red candle holder at the church. Also liked the cut from Shawn being at the door of the church to Sami coming in the door of Marlena's bedroom.

I still can't figure out what the heck is up with Sami and this DiMarriage of Convenience. Marlena and Belle ask a legitimate question about what she's going to do if EJ forces himself on her and Sami changes the subject and says oh Stefano will die in a year. Ummmmm WHAT?! So are we supposed to take it that she's willing to endure EJ forcing himself on her for a year until Stefano dies or that she doesn't believe EJ will force himself on her because she doesn't feel like he ever has/she thinks he's changed or she would actually enjoy having sex with him but doesn't want them to know that or what? Even though I'm an EJ fan I don't mind Marlena and Belle raising these questions because they are logical. It is annoying however when a few weeks ago Marlena was asking Sami about her feelings for EJ and comparing them to her unwanted feelings for John while married to Roman and now today EJ is a mean mean mean DiMera with no hope of redemption whatsoever. Consistency sure would be nice. But at least today's Marlena is the one that make sense.

This marriage of convenience storyline was something I had high hopes for before, but I don't really now that it's just Lumi angst and another outlet for Brady sanctimony and will probably wind up being a rehash of the Santeen tragedy of DiMera douchebag seducing foolish Brady tramp. At this point it is only serving to make me like Sami less as it gives everyone the chance to bag on EJ some more while Sami comes across as fickle in that we have seen she has feelings for EJ while she's always been proclaiming love for Lucas and/or incredibly stupid in her naivete that the feud will really end by her marrying EJ.

I enjoyed the Phelle kiss but I could have enjoyed it more if they weren't using the plain piano version of the Santeen theme as the background music for it. I guess that's just a generic romantic music thing now since they also used it in the John and Marlena montage last week? <_<

And given the lack of posts in this thread I am wondering if whatever ratings boost the show may have gotten from John's death it will just be a blip on the radar screen as everything goes back to normal on this show.

• Members

Today was pretty good. The baby stuff, lots of Dimera talk.

None of that horrid sorority silliness or fake Stephanie. I'm not sure why they keep pushing that crap. Although that new girl Morgan seems to have a lot of chemistry with Max. Dump the rest of the sorority Valley Girls and put her on more and I might be less annoyed.

But they really have to do something about the Stephanie mess.

• Members

You saved me a lot of tying B) While the visuals, such as the red light, are a very nice touch they won't make watching worth while on their own. After the intensity of last week, a slow show is appropriate, I guess, and I might feel better about the Days if there wasn't so much lacking and so much that's plain nauseating.

JKJ and Martha are awesome, but with the strong hints about Shawn, I figure Belle will forget her passion and stay with Shawn. I mean it just wouldn't be logical for Sheffer to actually put together ANYONE that has real chemistry. He's not been afraid to change history, yet when it comes to the two couples that could be amazingly hot together, he goes against nature and sticks with the past. So instead of excitement and fire, we're left with annoying, boring and totally lame couples, and his chosen four individuals are reduced to pathetic, mind-numbing zombies that make reality look good. That is so NOT why I've watched Days all these years!!

As for Sami - if Sheffer insists on keeping her with the shrieking banshee - he needs to send them to Switzerland to stay with Carrie and Austin - as in forever.

• Members

Good show today.

You could definitely tell that we were seeing leftovers from what was supposed to be on Friday with the early scenes between Shawn/Bo and Steve/Kayla/Philip dominating in the early going, kind of like Marlena's scenes dominated Friday's second half.

Bo/Shawn was nice. It's so obvious something bad is going to happen but classic family moments like this (along with Sami/Belle/Marlena) are what Days is about and is what was missing earlier this year. Loved it and loved the stuff with Ironpants. PR and BB have great father/son chemistry.

MBE and SN were great today. I was LMAO when Steve told Philip to get a pet. I couldn't believe the Mrs. Myers didn't give Steve and Kayla a better apology then that after she put them through hell. The Pocket scenes were sad but Steve and Kayla are in a nice place now and we saw some major growth in Philip, who realized that his major motivation behind finding Tyler was to fill the void left by Belle and Claire. I still don't think this baby story is over but it really moved story along and did some great character work so far.

JKJ and MM were great in that last scene and the music on the show is getting better and better. That last scene was so great with Shawn coming close to walking in. Classic soap and I did see the Phelle chemistry. I honestly have no idea who I am rooting for now.

Loved seeing Marlena tough on Sami, along with Belle who wavered toward the end. It's great seeing all 3 together.

Good ending with Sami. Can't wait for the babies to finally arrive.

• Members

I thought it was pretty WTF-ish when Steve STILL wanted to keep the kid, and made it sound like he'd do what it took to keep him. This is the first time since Steve's been back that I truly felt he was out of line.

Philip and Bell is just another silly merry-go-round/musical sex partners thing, in my opinion.

I thought Bo/Shawn was pretty boring. The guy playing Shawn still has the charisma of a stonefish.

I hate to sound so harsh, but I'm just getting really frustrated with the show now. I started watching it again because I heard it was supposed to get better, but so far, it's only improved cosmetically, and even that seems to come and go. I feel like I'm being strung along like before.

Archived