Would it be hard to re-cast Kendall on AMC?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with this. SMG's Kendall was DEADLY. And SMG also upped Susan Lucci's game, probably (and ironically) because they couldn't stand each other.

AM has done well enough, given the huge change in the character. She's not a fantastic actress, but she's appealing and watchable when she's not sucking all the oxygen from the room with her boo-hooing. She just doesn't have SMG's presence. Of course, from a pure physical standpoint, her resemblance to SL is uncanny. That would be hard to find in another actress. I'm all Kendall'd out right now, so I'd like to see the character go away for a while should Minshew choose to leave.

• Members

I think SMG was fantastic but I never really bought her as Erica's daughter. Lish, Eden and Susan have really MADE the Kane women, an element that really wasn't there in the early 90s. Also, I don't think SMG was like the be all and end all. It's just that AMC was such a phenominal show in the early 90s that EVERYTHING/One worked so well. Having said this, Kendall CAN be recast as long as they look for a new aspect to the character and not have a character try to imitate (Sabinelee) the original. Methinks, GINA TOGNIONI for NuKendall

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think Kendall can be recast but I hope they do not go that route since I love Alicia in the role....I have heard rumors that she will leave when her contract is up and just pray to god they are not true. I love Kendall and Minshew and want them around for a long time.

If they have to recast, I say go for it but really pick a great actress to do the role. Gina Tognoni comes to mind as someone mentioned her.

• Members

If would not be difficult to recast Kendall at all.

The only difficulty would be if you are looking for someone spectacular in the acting department. It's never easy getting that for daytime, especially with the pay. If they did get someone great, the person would probably leave in about a year.

If you are looking for someone who looks like they have not eaten in about 6 months, is over the top, not tremendously talented - a dime a dozen.

Alicia brings nothing to the role that can't be replaced. Also, a possible recast would do wonders for Zendall (if we must contine with this wretched duo) because TK needs a strong female lead to play off of. Currently, he does not have that. However, the possibilities are endless with Stacey. The woman can act in her sleep.

ANDREA

• Members

TK has a strong female lead, and I really resent that people say that, and it's an insult to TK as well cause he considers Lish his EQUAL and his FRIEND

No Kendall is NOT recastable. I don't see a recast going over well at all. Given how badly NuGreenlee has gone over, and I don't see NuBabe going over well at all it's better NOT to recast. ABC+recasts=bad idea

• Members

So I should agree with TK even when I feel differently because an actor's word is law?

lol...

Kendal is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO recastable. And how much more damage could a recast do to this show? I think it could only improve, but fret not, Alicia is not going anywhere because there is nothing for her anywhere else. She seems like a nice enough person, but she does not have the skills for anything outside of today's daytime.

TK needs to be unshackled from Alicia because with her, he simply does not shine. I would love to see this man with a strong female lead.

ANDREA

• Members

I think she can be recast, but it couldn't be immeadiate, they would have to wait for several years before they do it, because Alicia is so popular among so many fans, especially the new ones.

But to me SMG will always be Kendall, she always seemed to bring the best out of Susan Lucci, something which Minshew cannot seem to muster.

• Members

Very, very few people can't be recast. Like Luke Spencer, Erica Kane, Victor Newman, Stephanie Forrestor, Laura Spencer and Viki Bucananan. Pretty much everyone else is recastable. Even my beloved Brenda Barrett (its so hard for me to say that).

Kendall Hart is recastable. The best person would be SMG. But someone mentioned Gina Tognoni, I think she would be excellent as well as Sarah Brown.

• Members

She wouldn't be tough to recast. She does nothing for the ratings and she and the much more talented Kaye lack chemistry. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think that Minshew is one of the weakest leading actresses in daytime. She was laughably amateurish when she first started. She's gotten somewhat better during the years, but she's not even close to being Emmy caliber. She's not bad with snark/sarcasm, but when it comes to heavy drama, I find her painful to watch. She is actually representative of one of AMC's biggest problem:s more than any other show in daytime, they have the weakest group of front-burner actors.

Archived