DAYS: Wednesday, Sept. 5

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. Max and Chelsea were not a problem in my eyes.

They just need to bring Abby back (with Ashley Benson or a recast) or create a new character. A potential love interest for Max will be one newbie that I would not be against.

• Members

Well since the Alan Harris days Sami fell in love with a man who attempted to kill her, mentally tortured her for years and allowed her to be lethally injected for a crime he committed (mostly because of his evil mother mind you) who she swore she hated yet eventually forgave and fell in love with after he changed his behavior toward her so if Sami happens to forgive and fall in love with a man who changed his behavior toward her even after she accused him of raping her and he did horrible things to her family (mostly because of his evil father) and she swore she hated him, then I don't see how that is her being out of character. In my mind, the fact that Sami can be in love with Lucas establishes the plausibility that Sami can be in love with EJ. Especially if she looks inside herself and realizes she has done just as horrible things as EJ does, albeit on a smaller scale.

And as weird as this may sound coming from a person who is a big fan of Sami, I think the girl actually had more self-esteem then as a teen in the Alan Harris days than she does now after 9 failed weddings and 1 marriage on the rocks so it is totally plausible for her to totally be conflicted in this situation IMO because the girl is so screwed up and desperate about men that she doesn't know how to make a healthy relationship work with a normal, uncomplicated guy. And I can see this being especially difficult when she is physically attracted to EJ and he is coming on this strong.

I don't think it's fair for either folks on the Lumi or EJami side to claim their coupling supports the REAL Sami, because as someone much wiser than I pointed out on another board, what the real Sami is appears to be the crux of this EJami/Lumi triangle more than anything. And because Sami is such a frequent liar and manipulator and pretender it's only natural that people who see themselves as fans of Sami could come away with such drastically different views of her in this so hugely pivotal moment for the character as she finally becomes a woman and the show is trying to decide what sort of woman she should be.

The question is: is Sami a once misunderstood bad girl who after years of desperately chasing after men and finally making things work (kind of) with her high school best friend now a grown up heroine Suzy homemaker-type who should get to have the happy family she always dreamed of as a DOOL heroine *OR* is she still the lying, schemer she always was except now should be matured to become more comfortable in her own skin and aware of her own desires and passions and no longer willing to be so hypocritically apologetic for who and what she is, which is either a gray anti-heroine or a black-hearted villainness?

I personally prefer option two and I think that comes from her being with EJ, but I can see how people could want the first option for Sami, too.

• Members

IMiss ITA with your statements on Sami. And I see the so called real Sami as a great match with EJ since they are so much alike.

Regardless, on screen they are pure magic and captivating. Loved their scenes, conversation and the Santeen story too.

Nick, Billie and the kids were very good too, and I do like Nick and Billie together (and hate how Chelsea treats him). Jett and Chelsea aren't bad together, but I'm glad to see this s/l wrapping up.

Even with TTS, I loved the episode.

• Members

I went to Ashley Benson's official site and it is under restructuring. There were other parts open, but the main parts that twll about what she has been up to and will be up to aren't up. Frankly I loathed her as the dullsville Abby and hope sincerely that she does not come back to Days. With the three new girls along with Chelsea and Stephanie, no more in that age group are needed, either.

Today, I feel asleep during the show but I did see Nick with the youngsters and his wonderful performance with Billie. Both Nick and Billie were like a breath of fresh air after all the trials for them recently. Nick was energized by these bright little boys and I think I'll enjoy this story.

• Members

IMissAremid...I sooo love your posts. ITA w/you about Sami.

Enjoyed today's show. I'm going to be really interested in Nick's storyline with the boys. He's sooo cute with them.

Julie Pinson is so talented, I hope Ed Scott will give her a storyline worthy of her talents.

TTS is slowly gaining my interest (mostly because I've read spoilers about it, but eh).

GREAT DAY for EJ and Sami. I loved seeing them reading the letters more than the vets, isn't that something.

• Members

ITA. I think what we're seeing now is Sami at a crossroads. She's successfully transformed herself from the scheming, lying, manipulator to the good girl accepted by her family and with the happy life she always wanted. She has the man she's considered the love of her life and twins on the way so life should be good. Except...is this actually the life she wants or the life she THOUGHT she wanted? That is the decision facing Sami now. If she chooses to stay the good girl, her life will be with Lucas. However, if she's still yearning for adventure and drama, then EJ is the man for her. It's coming down to HER choice.

• Members

EXACTLY!

Sami should know that going off doing drastic things would not work. I think she is just trying to hold it all in around EJ, though she is annoyed with him and how he was acting.

I think she has learned from experience that shooting someone or getting payback gets her in trouble. Big trouble. If she has truly matured, she is not going to get "payback". The old Sami most likely would have, but not the Sami who is trying to be good.

It is JMO that she is learning from her past mistakes, and is trying to remain calm and not do a single thing in this situation. She might even be terrified, and as IMA said conflicted.

Archived