The Tennis Thread

• Members

I know people hate the American Men - Sam Querry.   but my God - Someone tell Kevin Anderson to get some sunblock.  I have never even heard of him, looked him up and he's only 30?  I would have thought he was 42 years old.  I haven't taken care of myself and I'm 47 and I look better than him.  Jesus.  SPF, Kevin.  Find it. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How about that Venus?!  Great match and lots of power hitting.  

I love Petra and would not have been upset if she had won.  But Vee needs to bring it on home!  She is a true warrior!

And of course, leave it up to American women (usually named Williams) to keep American Tennis alive!  Bye Sam!

• Members

The American women are leaving the men in the dust. ESPN & Tennis Channel all giddy about Sam was laughable. Brett Haber being the ring leader. He is such an annoying broadcaster. And I wasn't too happy with his Thiem comment the other day. I knew Sam would lose to Kevin and John to Mischa. I can't believe John McEnroe and others believed John would make the finals....ha......yeah right.

And it looks like Andy might be out for the rest of the year. I haven't missed him or Novak. I will admit I do miss Stan the Man....as for Milos...blah...he had wrist surgery and will be back in October. Don't miss him at all.

• Members

I've never cared for him. He is so bias in his broadcasting and always pimps the American males. He had the gull to praise John Isner for being ranked in the top 20 for so many years. Really?? I didn't know that was newsworthy. And he never gives credit to those he should. During his calling of matches he says the weirdest dumbiest things too. Ugh...I just can't with him.

• Members

Bye Roger!  Don't let the door hit you on your out!

Please register in order to view this content

Take that BH for laughing at Thiem's loss. Now Roger has lost to Juan Martin too!

All of ESPN picked Roger and both TC and ESPN were hoping for a semi....aint happening....they already had an epic final at AUO.....time for some different winners...Delpo will beat Nadal.

BTW...I didn't think Roger was playing that well at the US Open this year.

Oh and time for your retirement Roger....you were fortunate to win 2 more majors...won't happen again next year.

• Members

Gutted for Venus, she really had a chance to take the match in the third and backed off, for some inexplicable reason. Congratulations to Sloane Stephens and Madison Keys.

The U.S. women have truly made their mark this U.S. Open.

If I had 2 slams in one year, you wouldn't be able to blast me out of there! If I made two slam finals in one year, you wouldn't be able to blast me outta there!

Edited by DramatistDreamer