Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I watched and although I couldn't believe it, Sam has been a good player and I've never figured out why he hasn't broken through just a little bit.  Alot like Mardy Fish IMO - he just never broke through.  Christina McHale yesterday as well - these are the kind of players you don't want to see early in a draw.  So happy for Sam today - but it's also because I would just want to see RFed get just one more - or Andy Murray would be a great story.  But Roanic (sp?) the Canadian is going to be my choice I think.  He's ready in my opinion...but I'm so glad we have a Tennis thread!!

• Members

Of course it was going to be Sam Querrey LMAO!!!:lol: It only makes sense that the guy that @Soapsuds and I are always busting on would be the one to tear down Nolé's hopes and dreams for the Calendar year Slam. I knew it wasn't going to be one of the big guys, and it would have to be a total shock! Good for Sam though!!!

• Members

I just had to laugh that Sam of all people would beat overrated, thirsty for attention Nole……LOL….By no means am I even a Sam fan…can't stand his game or his robotic walk around the court…LOL….but so glad Joker is out…..LOL. The look on Novak's face after his loss was priceless. I am so glad he is gone…..LOL. Ive never found Sam sexy or good looking…that face of his…yikes…but that dance is rather sexy…..LOLOLOL

His other half…the other dumbo that is Steve Johnson also beat Grigor. I wasn't happy about that….Grigor again after a good win disappoints….Steve lost a couple of weeks ago to Stefan K….and now all of sudden he is playing some tennis on grass….boggles my mind cause Stevie has been a disappointment so many times losing to players that were ranked well below him. I wonder if he can pull the big upset with Roger?? I am ready for a new winner that is not Murray or Roger and not Milos…..please not him…his game is still awful and he doesn't have that great of a game to win it all.  I have to say the American males and females have been playing some good tennis. I am in shock actually…LOL  Of course Jack Sock who has been pimped to the hills since he was in the juniors lost……doesn't surprise me. He is overweight and has one awful backhand. He needs to get into shape and work on that backhand. 

I hope Delpo can come back and win!  I am also pooling for Deliciano…..as Andy's mom would say…..LOL and John Isner….again couldn't finish it off before darkness….I am sure Justin was just furious that he didnt complete the match today….LOL

I laughed too….teehee….

Mardy couldn't handle the pressure. Once Roddick retired Fish was left to hold the mantel and he crashed and burned. He started getting panic attacks before matches….for starters. 

Christina's game just bugs me….LOL. Her serve and groundstrokes look so weird to me…LOL

Glad you found it!:)

• Administrator

This paves the way for Federer now that he doesn't have to face Novak in the semis!  I think it's going to be Federer vs Andy Murray in the finals.  Hope Federer can win one last time!

• Members

John Isner blows it again…LOL. Not surprised at all thats why I stop rooting for him years ago although I thought he would win today. I can't believe with the big serve he has that he hasn't made the 4th round of Wimbledon. That is pathetic!  I am sure Justin Gimelstob is having a cow about now after his loss although he isn't his coach anymore…LOL

I hope not. I am tired of Roger. He needs to retire. Id love to see someone new win but NOT Milos or any of the Aussie men left….LOL. Andy always seems to get the easiest draws at Wimbledon and gets Center Court matches. I wish the US Open would do that with its American players and have them all play their matches on center court….As for Andy…eh….never cared for his game…he is lucky he has 2 majors…cause I don't consider him a great player by any means.

Also Sloan Stephens blows it too….the match was hers and she completely collapsed again…shakes head..

• Members

I was actually happy for Tsonga who had a strangely poor record against Isner, Jo needed to break that duck!

I had always thought that Sloane vs. Svetlana was a toss up because while Sloane has done better on grass than Sveta, Sveta had some confidence building wins this year and having won big titles, Svetlana had that confidence that even down 2-5 in the third, she was not out of it until GSM. Sloane got tentative and waited for Svetlana to make a mistake and Svetlana, sensing Sloane's nerves closing out the match, just got every ball back in the court and tested Sloane and Sloane faltered under the pressure that she was being put under. By the time, Sloane started to try to get aggressive again it was 5-5 in the third, then experience took over and the more experienced player took the reins.

From what I saw, it was a good quality match.

• Members

Me either.  And I tell ya who I hate...nick kyrgios.  I can't STAND him...yacking and talking all the way through every match.  Just SHUT UP.  It's not funny, it's not CUTE, it doesn't help us LIKE you....it makes you NASTY. 

Mardy - I have seen him play many times and I always felt badly for him.  He had alot of problems and it carried over to Tennis...but when he played well, he was really great.  He has started to talk a little bit about his problems and I think it could help alot of people in the world.  I really like Mardy. 

I hope so!  GO RFed and Andy.  I don't care which one would win....but if RFed does it - retire. 

• Members

@Soapsuds.  LIKE.  He is a hard headed brat....showboater.  All about making ESPN highlights rather than winning tournaments.  He has skills, but needs a coach.  I love Brad Gilbert....he was kinda reading him for filth today.  LOVE that.  LOL. 

• Members

Glad Venus won today. Another huge disappointment in Madison Keys…will drop out of the top 10 after loss…..Coco….not surprised by her loss….she is good but not that great. Brad Gilbert was bummed by her loss…LOL.

David Goffin should have won over Milos….what a disappointment.  Nick laid a big egg and lost to Murray…LOL…..and so did Steve Johnson…not surprised he didnt win set from Federer.

And Berdych had the match won and couldn't close it out….so he complains about the darkness…no wonder he has never won a major….I don't know why I continue to support him…he is such a loser….LOL….now he has to come back tomorrow for one set and Vessely is serving first……he could drop out of the top 10 too if he loses tomorrow.

And Sam won again but not a surprise. He is still just ranked #29 in the world after the last two wins…LOL…..I am sure this tournament will be what  defines his whole career. 

• Administrator

I'll definitely be rooting for the winner of Raonic vs Federer in the semis.  Both had a nice comeback win, down two sets (Raonic in the round of 16) and Federer today in the quarters.  It was also a gusty win by Federer facing 3 match points!  Pretty good for an old guy.