Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I realized what I wrote after I wrote it, I miss Gael Monfils--he could actually play on the terre batue.

I feel like Giraldo gave other better players a run but I haven't had the time (nor inclination) to look it up. I could be confusing him with another player (could it have been Ferrer?). Still Giraldo does appear quite effective on the clay.

• Members

He has been having a great year but all the playing is getting to his body. I knew it would be a great match. Everyone knows Nadal would have lost had Kei not been injured. I am sure he has already pulled out of the Rome tournament to get prepared for The French Open the following week. I just dont see Nadal winning the French this year. Too many other players have beaten him on clay this year.

• Members

David Ferrer must be saying "You're welcome, Rafa" this evening because clearly his match gave Rafa an assist. Not just the physical energy but the emotional energy of having to play against him as well as the Spanish crowd sure wore down Kei a bit.

Uncle Tony pulls no punches and Rafa looked relieved when Kei called for the end of the match. I think he sympathized with Kei but Kei pulling up lame meant that Rafa wouldn't have to face losing another clay court tournament and the second one in his home country. It is too bad for Kei, though because had he continued at the level he was playing, this would've been his biggest breakthrough yet and I doubt he'd have looked back from that point.

Kei has come a long way with his game as well as his fitness but he still has a ways to go in terms of being able to play big back to back matches in that late rounds. It would be great to see him make it to the later rounds @ RG.

• Members

Nadal better appreciate what Kei was going thru and losing a title due to injury as he was just there not so long ago himself.

Not sure what's going on with Kei because his very young back has been giving him problems quite a bit. I hope they get to the bottom of this and I hope his trainers get him to the point to where he can close GS and Masters 1000 tournies.

I don't usually watch his matches and I never watch Ferrer, but I happen to catch it yesterday and was super impressed with what I saw. I was so pumped for today's match and hoped Kei would not succumb to any injury. Gosh, I hope I didn't jinx him :(