DAYS- Stephen Nichols bashed for comments he made in his blog

• Members

So, I normally wouldn't be bringing what happens on a fan board, here. But, I think it explains why most fans don't have it in their hearts to feel bad that John and Marlena aren't front and center. And unfortunately, it just reflects badly on Dee. So, Stephen Nichols posts on his blog about the positive changes on the show since Ed Scott. And not only does this board post what Nichols posted on their board, but bash him, accusing him of kissing up, and say all sorts of nasty things. As if Deidre Hall didn't kiss up to JER for years, even when he was killing off half the cast, and beloved veterans like Suzanne Rogers were losing their job! Hypocracy kills me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I've seen some Bo/Hope fans bash John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla.........

I've seen some John/Marlena fans bash Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla.........

I've seen some Jack/Jen fans bash John/Marlena and Bo/Hope..............

I've seen some Steve/Kayla fans bash John/Marlena, Bo/Hope...............

Like you said, it's a fanbase board and this kind of behaviour happens all the time. It's expected when you have these fanbases who only watch for their couple and to hell with anyone else.

This is why I prefer show fans than fanbase fans.

• Members

Character bashing is fine. I can't stand the actor bashing. Regardless of which fan group is doing it to which actor. And it is too bad because Stephen Nichols does his blog for all fans of Days - not just the Steve fans or Steve and Kayla fans.

• Members

Right, and that is what makes me so angry about this. It reflects so poorly on Deidre Hall. And then I wonder how that effects how Deidre and Stephen Nichols get along. Because you know this will get back to Stephen Nichols. With all of the negativity surrounding DAYS right now, it's truly awful when an actor, trying to be hopeful about the show, is bashed like this. Really disgusting.

• Members

Love your generalization that most fans don't feel bad that J&M aren't front and center. I know many fans who have stopped watching or are barely watching becasue J&M haven't had a story. I guess I have as much right to speak for other fans as you do.

• Members

Sorry, there is no excusing the fact that on the offical website of an actress, her fans said horrible things about an actor who was only sharing positive things about his workplace. One person said that Mr. Nichols needed kneepads...hmm, I wonder what she was suggesting.

• Members

Frankly, I think Steve (separately) and Kayla (separately) are a waste of time and need to be written out. Steve especially is a huge waste. Kayla could be worked into a story. Steve was a favorite of mine long years ago, but he has not grown and is a total flop in my view. The actor is very nice, just don't like his character on the show.

Archived