New Stephen Nichols Blog

• Members

http://www.stephennichols.net/blog/

Sounds exciting. :)

Interesting that Silverman was there on set for the announcement. Not sure if that is typical. Maybe it gives some credence to the idea that NBC does want to give Days some shot of surviving . . .

Small thing but glad to hear about the camera angling. LOL That drove me crazy sometimes.

Another small thing. I find it so sweet that Stephen rarely has a blog entry that doesn't say something sweet about Mary Beth :D Love this line.

"Mary Beth looks at you and breaks into the biggest sweetest smile, you smile, she begins to laugh. There is nothing like good honest laughter shared with someone you love. Mary Beth looks at you and says, “Well this is different.” "

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that mention of Silverman got my attention. Hopefully he's got the balls to stand up to Zucker...

The bit about Ed tweaking scripts suggests he'll be playing a creative as well as a technical role. Good news, IMO.

• Members

Wow, I loved Ed Scott's shoes as much as Stephen Nichols seemed to, lol. The only thing I want now is an estimate on when his material will start airing. If he is already there, then probably sometime in September, right?

• Members

Eh, as long Zucker is there, Days is screwed. Silverman can say he's supportive of the show, but we all know that's just talk. NBC has done nothing but hinder this show for the past year and even beyond that.

Silverman will never stand up to Zucker, since Zucker was the one who hired him and he essentially answers to Zucker.

• Members

It's good to see, after so many years, that people at days are once again taking that show seriously. I would also venture to guess that ES is by no means a pushover, and that Sony may have given him free reign over the show and told Corday to get somewhere, sit down and STFU.

It will be real interesting to see what ES has in store for this show coming this Fall.

• Members

This makes me feel a whole lot better. The cast and crew sound so happy and seeing even NBC supportive shows that Days isn't dead yet (although I don't totally buy their support but maybe they will surprise me). That on top of Sony's support shows that Days had loads of life in it. I am also happy to see them all together as a unit....Hogan, Ed, and Corday. It sounds like Ed is getting the power he needs and the pics suggest that as well. It also says that Hogan is safe as well, even though I figured he was.

I didn't get the orange shoe thing until I saw the pics. This whole post was cute. I love SN. He hasn't blogged in awhile so I missed it. Good to hear all this. I was worried the cast was upset about Wyman because he had been there for so long but it seems the actors are happy with the changes. I think we should be seeing the changes in September it seems.

• Members

Well after being really annoyed by what I thought was a pretty sub-par episode today, I'm glad I clicked in this thread to read Stephen's blog because he gave me some reason to be optimistic about what Ed Scott will bring to Days, whether it lasts beyond 2009 or not.

Archived