AMC: New SOD.com interview with head writers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the story could be compelling - I just wish the actors were stronger. I know many here are fans of Alicia Minshew...I just don't think she's fantastic. Appealing, attractive, yes...just not a Cady McClain or Julia Barr or even a Kelly Ripa caliber actress.

• Members

I think they are mimicking a good concept. Meaning one incident leads to a chain reaction of incidents affecting everyone involved. No it's not as socially relevant as Crash was, but it is in it's own way. B&E are bringing attention to cochlear implants, even going as far to have JQ Depaiva appear on New Beginnings. I think the concept for the story is good and further down the line it could be better, as long as they don't delineate from the original concept of the story.

• Members

Of course they are. No-one said they weren't ripping.

It's that Claire Labine and Harding Lemay often emphasised the danger of copying movies and how lethal that may be. Claire talked about the other part of the coin of Monty's legacy (bringing film to soaps) - what she did was good, but it became a nightmare when everyone copied it.

No need to be rude there.

• Members

Say what you want, but AMC's current crop of actresses aren't as strong as their predecessors. Lish, Sabine, and Melissa are nowhere near the talents of Cady and Julia.

There's a reason why Cady and Julia are multiple Emmy winners and the three that I've mentioned before aren't as well respected...

• Members

You know what I meant. LOL!

In terms of critical acclaim, the actresses on the show aren't as highly regarded as say Cady or Julia.

Cady and Julia are powerhouse actresses, fact is, AMC doesn't have any of those caliber actresses these days. It's pretty sad, since AMC used to be superb in the casting department.

NONE of the actresses utilized on the show today are powerhouses imo, in fact, they all have their moments, but as whole they're pretty weak.

• Members

I like Alicia Minshew a lot, but one bad story where she came between the almighty Zach and Kendall doesn't mean you have to put down Cady McClain for the next twenty years. She is AMC royalty and deserved better from the show. kthnx.

• Members

Right, I don't see any of the Fusion girls becoming the next Maura West or Jennifer Finnigan or Cynthia Watros or Robin Christopher. But they had two popular, brilliant, incredibly deep and nuanced actresses under their noses, and they fired them. B&E can try and work their magic, but I think this show will continue to flounder without a stronger group of heroines (and hopefully, a little older and with more life experience).

• Members

Aside from possibly Melissa Claire Egan, none of the current leading ladies on the show are really great actresses. Melissa, to me, is single-handedly turning Annie into a great fixture on the show. However, Eden Riegel needs to return. Cady McClain needs to return. And Julia Barr MUST come back, it's ridiculous.

• Members

Lish is one of the better actresses on the show. Cady was just shudderworthy, that's probably why I liked her as Rosanna better, I always felt she phoned it in as Dixie even before she left to go to ATWT.

Sydney Penny is great, but never seen. MCE is awesome. Sabine *shudders* worst recast ever IMO

Archived