Days:CDN TV Guide spoilers for wk of 8/20

• Members

They can't celebrate every single big event in their journey together but I do think celebrating things like weddings, when they first met, etc are important for any major couple. I just don't see it happening unless you get more writers on the writing team that know the show and it's history.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's also not necessarily about the writing. there are people whose sole job is to alert the writers of birthdays, anniversaries, "On this date, XYZ happened". Depending on how efficient the person holding that job during different eras of the show was, the writers may never be informed. All it takes is the wrong employee for three or four years a decade or two ago, and all those records get tossed down the toilet.

Not saying writers shouldn't do their homework. Just that there's a whole staff of continuity people that move in and out of those positions (or get fired or promoted or quit or whatever) who may not always be so on the ball.

• Members
Well I think they should celebrate only their 2006 wedding and not the past weddings. Who does that anyway? If every couples on the show were to celebrate all their wedding anniversaries then that's all DAYS is gonna be about. lol

Of course for example Marlena could mentioned it to John. But I don't think it's nessesary to make a big deal about it on screen. jmo :)

Archived