Lynn Marie Latham/Y&R HATE Site and Boycott

• Members

OK, so some super loyal Y&R fan who hates LML has dedicated a hate site to her, detailing her destruction of this once character-driven serial masterpiece. Please check it out and show it to all the Y&R fans you know.

The site: http://the-new-yr-totally-sucks.info/

Also, there's suppose to be a week-long boycott of Y&R during the week of August 20th. Please spread the word on that too! We're all hoping for some changes at the show and of course that means the firing of HACK Marie Latham.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You'll need to tap into the Nielsen Viewers since they are the ones that matter.

Though GH is the next highest their storylines have become boring and stale so I would hate to give them good ratings when they are doing the same old same one boring dragged out mess that is going on now. Too bad they didn't have some event planned like the hostage crisis or something.

• Members

Consider the word spread. I hate LML and am all for getting her and her stable of hacks booted from Y&R. I used to love GH but it's become unwatchable. Nevertheless, I will watch it during the week of August 20th, praying that Jackie Zeman will be on at least once that week.

• Members

Oh I am so there....Maybe if someone puts a fire under her butt, she'll think twice about saying she doesn't care what the fans think, want or feel. Maybe if she sees that loyal fans as well as recent fans are turning their backs on the show, then she'll know how serious it is...I can't stand this woman.

• Members

If anything, I'd suggest watching B&B which is closest to Y&R. Still, I don't think this boycott will amount to anything. In order for them to even consider changes, we need to organize a huge mail in campaign, similar to the type that got Veronica Mars and Jerico picked up.

Problem is, I don't know if we could origanize enough people to send letters and some sort of item to convince them. Something like the "Can Her" campaign At ATWT for the Connor character.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 25 2007, 08:12 AM)
If anything, I'd suggest watching B&B which is closest to Y&R. Still, I don't think this boycott will amount to anything. In order for them to even consider changes, we need to organize a huge mail in campaign, similar to the type that got Veronica Mars and Jerico picked up.

Problem is, I don't know if we could origanize enough people to send letters and some sort of item to convince them. Something like the "Can Her" campaign At ATWT for the Connor character.

I agree Chris I would rather watch B&B and let them take over the #1 spot. It would be sweet victory. Considering the former employees are now at B&B. I am not a big fan of GH anyways. :P

Yup, the "Can her" campaign worked and Susan Batten was out as Connor! That would be a good idea as well.

• Members

^I think the idea is to watch GH in order to send a message to CBS. If a non-CBS soap increases dramatically in the ratings, while the top CBS soaps fall, it would send a greater message to those idiots at CBS. Since GH is top non-CBS soap, it's the one that's used to manipulate. LOL!

And I'm all for starting a campaign to rid this bitch of the show I once loved. Anyone with suggestion can PM me, fans need to work together to make a difference on this show! We need to create a MASSIVE fan backlash, it's sort of our last resort!

• Members

As much as I'd love to see this happen, I don't think people will boycott the show. I know many people who enjoy Y&R still and won't stop watching it (even for a day). However, I'll wait to see what will happen.

• Members

If you guys want to write to TPTB at Y&R, here's some contact information.

To write to LML or to Bell-Phillip Television, here is the address:

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Bell-Phillip Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Suite 3305

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Executive Producer: Lynn Marie Latham

You may or may not address to LML herself, it's your choice.

To write to Sony, the company that distributes Y&R, here is the address:

Sony Pictures Television

10202 W. Washington Blvd.

Culver City, CA 90232

You may address it to Steve Kent, who is senior executive vice president of programming at Sony Pictures Television, or President Steve Mosko, or President of Distribution: John Weiser, or EVP Business of Affairs: Don Loughery

• Members

Agreed that possibly only such a mail protest would have an effect.

But we could do this for week of August 20...

There’s still enough time. But we need a theme!

Sth. like “we had a fertile garden of interesting characters, great stories and wonderful actors and you gave us rotten tomatoes of uninspired stories, characters not worth rooting for and backburned actors we love to give space for newbies instead. Bring back the real “The Young And The Restless!””

Is anyone design-savy to create a special paper for this letter? I kinda like Darn’s “LML showkiller” but think it’s to strong. LOL!

Does Barbie Bloom have her own adress? I gonna write to Tessler instead if there is none...

Don't think that writing to Sony will have any effect at all (for them programms are mere money-makers...) or the Bell company because they got booted out.

• Members

LOL! Perhaps we should ask the fantastic Darn to come up with something more subtle for our little campaign.

Also, I think it's a better idea if we continue to send CBS mail after the week of Aug 20th. I think they'll get a better idea of how pissed we are with a consistent flow of hate mail. LOL!

SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE! :)

Archived