ANOTHER OLTL return

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, D_alias is the greatest. (S)he makes em really good. I'm thinking of a new one. I'm trying to wait for a special one for LML after she loses one of her positions. Im sure she'll only be HW or EP by the end of 2008. But yea, I'm looking forward to Ron being there for his sister.

• Members

I think it's better to at least bring on characters with ties to existing characters (i.e. Will, Ron) rather than bringing in new characters and THEN bringing on more people to be connected to them.

Plus it's nice to see a former SuBe-er in work again. Speaking of which, can a soap, any soap PLEASE snap up Sarah Buxton?

• Members

I'm glad Ron is coming back because it gives Marcie her family again. I don't see him staying a long time though. He's always been recurring. I think the new character Jared is indeed for Natalie. I'm happy that they are hooking Jessica and Natalie up with Nash and Jared. It's time these characters all stopped swimming in the same gene pool, and I'm also glad they are getting hooked up with people closer to their own ages.

• Members

Meh.

There are better people to bring back than Ron and Will. Next we'll hear that Seth Anderson and Roseanne Delgado will be dropping by. What about characters with REAL significance? Like Karen? Cassie? Rachel? Hank? Larry? Tina? (Hell, if they can't get back AE, then call up Karen Witter or even Krista Tesreau to show up for some sporadic appearances. She should have been among the names returning for Asa's funeral, but for some reason the show likes to steer clear of Tina.) And when are they going to bring an old favorite back permanently, not just for a stunt cameo? I'd love it if they put Tonja Walker back on contract. Alex was once one of my favorite characters.

These are beginning to look like gimmick returns to trick viewers into thinking that changes are afoot when hardly any real news is coming from the OLTL brass to make that seem true.

I hate to be pessimistic, but...

• Members

You gotta start somewhere, and I believe Higley wouldn't have even thought to bring these characters back in the first place... let along anyone else, that she would eventually kill off and replace with one of her own.

I would love for Cassie to come back (long over due, if you ask me), as Adriana is more boring than watching paint dry... I would love to see some fighting between them; and for Dorian to be involved with them and worrying about the children she actually gave birth too.

• Members

Although Higley is gone, I don't necessarily see anything but some deck chairs rearranged, and possibly some crumbs. Unless we get a change in production, it is hard to imagine we'll get anything more. Viki gets to flirt with David, who is now only short-term recurring. She still has no viable long term interest, and yet Dorian gets Clint (for whatever this version of Clint is worth.) Miles, Marty and John lead the episode counts, but Mile's plots are bizarrely inane (let's make Todd look like a drunken sleaze, as if anyone even in Llanview would believe it). Bo seems headed for an affair with Lindsay - Nora barely getting any screentime despite the 4 year contract. They still at least haven't announced if Phil Carey will be making any appearances around the 10,000 episode, only about the death of his character Asa - these returns are nice, but ring like a hollow attempt to pacify long term viewers rather than satisfy them.

Even the storytelling changes will take time. There are glimmers that some characters may start behaving as one might expect, but many have been OOC for so long we may not even recognize when and if they return.

Archived