My Memorable Monday

Shawn

• Members

So Monday night after work I met up with friends at the Gansevoort Hotel down in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan. Once there we went to the rooftop lounge and pool area for the GMHC Toast at Twilight (for those of you who don't know Gay Mens Health Crisis, its an amazing organization that helps those who are suffering from AIDS.) Elaine Stritch and Phil Donahue hosted it and spoke to the crowd before showing a video about what the GMHC has really done in the fight against the virus. Not a dry eye in the house. Then, with tears in her eyes, the CEO raised the glass and we toasted all of those that we lost.

Soon after the cocktail event, my friends and I went to the restaurant Sapa, where they had the annual ALS (or Lou Gehrig's Disease) Gala in which celebrities from movies, televison and theatre wait on the guests. I saw and met: Ted Allen (Queer Eye, Top Chef), Cara Buono (Dead Zone, Sopranos) Susie Castillo (MTV VJ, Miss USA), Kevin Covert (Spamalot), Kamar de los Reyes (One Life to Live), Rachel Dratch (30 Rock, Saturday Night Live), Michael Easton (Ally McBeal, One Life to Live), Colin Egglesfield (All My Children), Bryant Gumble (Real Sports - HBO, NFL Network), Edward Hibbert (Frasier, Curtains), Richard Kind (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Spin City) Aasif Mandvi (The Daily Show, Jericho), Mike Lombardi (Rescue Me), Juliana Margulies (Sopranos, Snakes on a Plane, ER), Michael McGrath (Spamalot), Rob Morrow (Numb3rs, Northern Exposure), Diane Neal (Law & Order: SVU), Rob Riggle (The Daily Show), Sherri Saum (Rescue Me), Angie Schworer (The Producers), Valerie Smaldone (Radio Personality 106.7FM), Hilary B. Smith (One Life to Live), Robin Strasser (One Life to Live), Daniel Sunjata (The Devil Wears Prada, Rescue Me), Rene Syler (The Early Show), and Malik Yoba Raines).

It was incredible. And the best part is I ended up bonding with and drinking/eating all night with Suzie Castillo, MTV Veejay and Miss USA. She is absolutely beautiful. And her husband is awesome. She gave me her email address and told me to keep in touch and that she wants to hang out soon.

How freakin' cool is that? :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shawn, sounds like an awesome experience to be at an event like that. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and to get an email addy from a Miss USA to keep in touch is all kinds of coolness. I am a big fan of Rescue Me, did you get to see/meet/chat with Mike Lombardi?

Archived