AMC JULY 1998

• Members

Call me crazy but i have seen that many like looking at old Episode Rankings Counts from all kinds of shows, maybe cause you can remember how the show actually where when it was really really great,

So i know somewhere i had an hole year of amc from 1998, but i cant find it, but i will search, but i found this list from July 1998, and just looking at this list you can see the biggest difference. NO BABE. NO KENDALL. NO ANNIE.

1-31 JULY: EPISODES - 23

1. Michael E. Knight (Tad Martin) - 17

2. David Canary (Adam Chandler) - 16

3. David Canary (Stuart Chandler) - 15

3. Michael Lowry (Jake Martin) - 15

3. Kelly Ripa (Hayley Vaughan Santos) - 15

3. Marcy Walker (Liza Colby) - 15

7. John Callahan (Edmund Grey) - 15

7. Mark Consuelos (Mateo Santos) - 14

7. Alla Korot (Allie Doyle) - 14

7. Norm Lewis (Keith McLean) - 14

7. Amelia Marshall (Belinda Keefer) - 14

7. Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery) - 14

13. Jennifer Bassey (Marian Colby) - 13

13. John Furey (Lee Hawkins) - 13

13. Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney) - 13

16. James Kiberd (Trevor Dillon) - 12

16. Susan Lucci (Erica Kane) - 12

16. Michael Nader (Dimitri Marick) - 12

16. Esta TerBlanche (Gillian Andrassy) - 12

20. Nicholas Surovy (Mike Roy) - 11

20. Walt Willey (Jackson Montgomery) - 11

22. Julia Barr (Brooke English) - 10

22. Zachary Kady (Jamie Martin) - 10

22. Robin Mattson (Janet Marlowe Dillon) - 10

22. Michael St. Patrick (Adrian Sword) - 10

26. Vincent Irrizarry (David Hayward) - 9

26. TC. Warner (Kelsey Jefferson) - 9

28. Daniel Cosgrove (Scott Chandler) - 8

29. Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt) - 7

29. Ray MacDonnell (Joe Martin) - 7

31. James Mitchell (Palmer Cortlandt) - 6

32. Alexis Manta (Amanda Dillon) - 5

32. Unknown Actor portraying (Albert) - 5

32. Unknown Actor portraying (Judge Foster) - 5

35. Schuyler Grant (Camille Hawkins) - 4

35. Ruth Warrick (Phoebe Wallingford) - 4

37. Eileen Herlie (Myrtle Fargate) - 3

37. Tommy J. Michaels (Tim Dillon) - 3

37. Ben Jorgensen (Kevin Sheffield) - 3

37. Jesse McCartney (Adam (J.R.) Chandler) - 3

41. Unknown Actor portraying (Brewster) - 1

41. Walter Charles (Dr. Silbert) - 1

41. Bob Heitman? (Dr. Clader) - 1

41. Cheryl Hulteen (Winifred) - 1

41. Lee Meriwether (Ruth Martin) - 1

41. Meg Mundy (Eugenia von Voynavitch) - 1

So Maybe, i wrote as if Myrtle appeared in a lot of episodes, but 3 is a lot for her.!!!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to Google Norm Lewis (Keith McLean)...the character name sounded familiar, but couldn't remember who he was. I remember now--he was an attorney. He and Belinda didn't have much in the way of story, so I guess there must have been a trial that got the episode counts up for them.

I don't remember 1998 being such a great period for AMC, and judging from the cast list, I know why I don't have fond memories. The Lee and Camille Hawkins debacle, the return from the dead of Mike Roy, Allie/Jake...ugh. At least back then Liza, Brooke, Marian and Opal had storylines, and we still had Esta Terblanche (Gillian) and TC Warner (Kelsey)...two of my favorite younger AMC actresses. It does seem harder for ACTRESSES on AMC to hold on to their roles and/or storylines.

And best of all, there were no Laverys or Careys!

• Members

WELL RYAN LAVERY IS ON THE LIST, I THINK THE FACT THAT JENNIFER BASSEY WHO HAD NEVER MUCH TO DO ON THE SHOW, BUT THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY GAVE HER SOMETHING TO DO, AND THAT WAS REALLY GREAT!................

• Members

That was the summer of 1998 -- which was written by Megan McTavish, so believe me, it wasn't that great. Ryan had only just debuted six months earlier, so there was yet to be a lot of Lavery propping. As a matter of fact, this was just three months before he was accused of raping TKFP. So during this time, Ryan was with Gillian.

• Members

Yep, July 1998, the Holiday's explosion. Megan McTavish to a tee! In August we had Lee with that poison tattoo needle holding Hayley and J.R hostage.

Oh those were the days weren't they :lol:

I do remember that explosion episode though. How they were doing slow motion on everyone at the party them Camille runs up to the window looking at everyone. And then she died. Can't say I was too broken up by it.

The Dixie coming up putting her hand on Tad's shoulder. Awww the memories!

• Members

1998 was overall a bad year for AMC....the only four stories I liked that year were Brooke's trial, Adam/Liza, Ryan/Gillian, and Stuart/Marian

1. Palmer and the Nazi art paintings sucked

2. Mateo and the comatose dreams sucked

3. Kit Fisher's rape sucked

4. Mike/Erica/Jack triangle sucked

5. Harold the dog dying sucked

6. Camille/Joy Hawkins mystery sucked

7. Hayley/Mateo having an invalid marriage and Mateo having a son was a good story but bad timing since Hayley/Mateo had been through so much

• Members

1998 was probably the first REALLY bad like partly unwatchable year AMC endured..... and its never really gotten back on track fully.

Julia Barr's performence on that stand was probably the best thing that happened that year.

• Members

I enjoyed those stories too - back then there was real romance with several couples you could root for. You didn't mention my favorite story from 1998 which was Tad and Dixie finding their way back to each other which was romantic and fun and serious and tragic all at the same time (several episodes are my all time favorite). Dixie returned in July 1998 ... the same week that David returned, and although I loathed the character, I know he had a lot of fans. 1998 did have some bad stories which you mentioned but I still enjoyed the show more back then because there was real believeable romance with SEVERAL couples of all age-groups (Hayley and Mateo & Trevor and Janet may not have had great stories but through it all they had love and family and romance too).

Archived