DAYS: Head writer pics now available

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ann Marcus needs to be brought back to daytime ASAP!

2 time Emmy winner

2 time Writers Guild Winner

She was on the Writers Guild Board of Directors seven times.

She is a the former Governor of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.

Head Writer:

Days of our Lives (Best Drama Series Emmy Win, Suzanne Rogers also won under her)

General Hospital

Love of Life

Love Is a Many Splendored Thing (Writers Guild Win)

Search for Tomorrow

Co-Creator/Head Writer:

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (Emmy Win)

The Barbara Eden Show

Supervising Producer:

Falcon Crest

Knots Landing

• Members

HOLY [!@#$%^&*], Toups!!!1

THAT PICTURE!!!

THAT PICTURE IN YOUR AVATAR!!

is that... is that who I think it is?!!!

OMG, be still my beating heart!!1

i HAVE never, EVER seen that picture of him! I always see reruns of him from that 2000 TV Guide mug shot, such as the one on Jason's site, but THAT!! Where the heck did you get that gem?1!!! AAAAAAAAHHH!! I'm so excited!! And I can't contain it!!

He just looks like the MASTER in that pic!!!

• Members

Age ain't nothing lol

I've heard she's one fierce cookie, a lot like Irna Phillips. She'd probably tell Corday to sit his ass down and shut the hell up and stop meddling in her stories.

• Members

The picture of JER from Jason's site isn't from TVguide. It's from SOW in 1998, along with the pic from Toups' avatar. They are both from the same article which was split into two parts/two issues/two weeks of SOW when he gave previews of PSNS and what it was like developing it. I have it. Unless SOW took it from TVGuide, but I don't think that's the case. There was also a picture with his golden retriever, Sam. (He has two. Or had.) Holla.

• Members

I remember that SOW as well. I was SOO excited for Passions. I was loving it though, in 1999 and 2000 but once mid-2001 hit, with that long-ass Bermuda storyline, I totally started losing interest. 2002 is when I really just ended watching it regularly. Sigh. It started off with amazing potential but now it's just a joke :( I wish it weren't.

• Members

I looooved Bermuda at first! I loved Liz and Diana and Brian!

I remember how shocked I was when Shuis' boat blew up. For whatever reason, I didn't read anything about it in the spoilers, and it blew me away!

• Members

I remember in a pre-Passions interview, JER said something about how there would be a mysterious place in town where everyone would go to confess their darkest secrets, or something strange like that. When the show premiered, I kept waiting to see what all that was about... but nothing really came of it.

Did I imagine this part of the interview, or was it something that JER really mentioned?

• Members

No. I remember vaguely the comment. I think that was Tabitha as a fortune teller at the carnival. Several of the characters interacted with her in there and she predicted what would happen. We still haven't see TC kill anyone yet.

The show has such potential and it just lost it in 2001. Since then, it has had brief periods of recovery, most notably 2004-late 2005, but it is nowhere close to 1999-2001. That Bermuda story started out fine but then it dragged for too long and just collapsed. It's sad thinking about the first two years and all the potential squandered. Shuis boat exploding, the hurricane, buried alive (a ripoff but still well-done), etc. It was all done great with fantastic execution. That is why the show quickly rose in the ratings and even reached a 2.9. It was so good back then. Passions was the best and still is the best at keeping things out of spoilers. That is what made so much of the early stuff great. Most stuff you never knew about. They gave you enough to watch but never spoilers anything. Even the 2001 double wedding wasn't spoiled. The mags had nothing about who get married and so on. Other soaps should be like that and limit spoilers. Give the fans enough to watch but also a reason to watch everyday. When you tell them everything, why watch the show? Limiting spoilers means you limit people who watch for one couple, character, etc. Make them watch the show to see when their fave is on.

• Members

I just remember JER saying how it was Peyton Place meets Dark Shadows meets X-Files over and over again. And I remember the first week, thinking how true that statement was. It was amazing.

I got chills the last few seconds of the first episode.

Angel Girl: "Grace. Graaaaaaace...Evil's Coming!"

Archived