Dynasty: Season Two

Josh

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's about bloody time they got round to releasing this and the cover art looks great.

I've just watched the series all the way through for the first time. Boy, was that a mistake. I certainly wouldn't purchase seasons 3-8. Mind boggling crapness.

Season 2 however is fantastic. Real, genuine, sexy, campy goodness before all the staleness set in.

• Members

Yeah; I never got the Dynasty appeal either when I watched the series.

Half the time there are atrocious characters which vanish after some time, some core actors are extremely weak and the stories are repetitive and pretty simply-woven.

Apart from 2 only the last season was very good, IMO. The final year was fantastic, more "Dallas"-typich.

I LOVED the "Colbys"-spin off though. (At least Season 1) They had their weaknesses but the cast was so much better and the stories were compelling.

Back to the original topic: The DVD cover looks stunning. Still won't buy this in a million years.

• Members

Agreed sf. I persevered just for the sake of being able to bitch about the series. :lol: I think a lot of it was down to the static acting, emphasis on clothes and stupid dialogue. The show was terribly boring in the middle years because all these isolated stories were going on with no real stakes. Nothing of consequence ever happened. That's why the final season (which some fans seem to loathe) appealed to me so much. Such a breath of fresh air with interesting new characters, a proper story arc, interwoven characters and more naturalistic performances.

The Colbys worked for me in some ways but not others. I loved Sable/Conny's rivalry but they just lost track of what to do with Barbara Stanwyck. Then things spun out of control just like Dynasty.

I will no doubt buy season 2 because it was the epitome of what the show is remembered for (entertaining camp) but in actuality wasn't. Joan Collins is fantastic as the sexy ex-wife before she turned into the all powerful business drag act, Pamela Sue Martin is good as bratty Fallon and even nutty Claudia serves a purpose.

• Members

Dynasty was a great show. Seasons 1 and 2 were good but I thought 3 and 4 were boring. 5 & 6 were my favorites but then it went downhill with 7 & 8 but redeemed itself with 9

On to season 2. The best part of it for me was the introduction of Sammi Jo. She was my favorite and was a very welcomed addition. She really stirred the pot and love how she made enemies of Alexis, Fallon and Krystal. My favorite moment of hers that year telling Fallon she was a bastard at her engagment party (or some type of party) which caused her to run off into a car with Alexis and crash. Great moment. Another good one was her and Claudia hating on each other and the slaps.

Heres a clip of that last one

• Members

Yeah, this would get ugly and unfair because would have to be SO long... LOL!

@ Cheap: Locklear-worshipper here; she was bascially the reason why I watched "Dynasty" and Sami Jo was fabulous. Especially when she got rich and was able to fight fire with fie.

• Members

I'm NOT afraid to admit that I *LOVE* Dynasty and I am so glad they're finally bringing out Season Two! But the truth is, I have seasons 2 - 6 downloaded on my computer. Thank you bit.torrents! :) I think it's great and campy and over-the-top and ridiculous and wonderful. And I know I am in the minority in saying this, but I love a campy lookalike-takes-over-person's-life story, so I liked seeing Linda Evans playing dual roles!

• Members

By the way, that's a smokin' hot photo to use for Season Two! That's one of my all-time favorite Dynasty photos... Blake & his bitches :) Blake and 5 pivotal women to the show: Krystle, Claudia, Sammy Jo, Fallon, and Alexis. Luv it!

I am curious to see the later years of Dynasty. I know that at one point Blake has partial amnesia and thinks he's still married to Alexis. Plus, I'd love to see that awesome cliffhanger where Alexis owns all of Blake's assets and he charges up the stairs and starts strangling the bitch. What camp! :)

• Members

Haha, thanks. :) What can I say? It's Sunday night and I'm bored :) I'm watching Season Two on my computer right now where Blake is pretending to be blind. Why is he pulling this charade? I don't know, but I'ma gonna keep watching to find out! :)

Archived