Y&R: A very good and acceptable DRU recast

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vivica A. Fox was on Y&R but as a character named Stephanie Simmons so she was not the original Dru. Victoria Rowell was the original Dru - two others have played her Dawn McMilllan (briefly in 1996) and Kent Masters King (briefly in 2000).

Honestly, Victoria Rowell is Dru and they should only bring her back if Rowell comes back.

• Members

I think Kent came in 2000 to wrap up Dru's storyline. That was the first time that VR left and her contract went down to the wire before she walked so I *believe* that is why Kent was there to finish up Dru's storyline and send her out of town. The other woman I have no clue!

• Members

Exactly, I wanted to point that out as well. I would have to check my episode counts from back then but Kent King played Dru on three occasions or so. It was pretty odd because Rowell was seen in between. Probably had to with scheudling conflicts since Rowell did only short-term return to Y&R while Diagnosis:Murder was still on.

Thought that King made a good Dru. She was different, way more toned down and less flamoyant, but decent. Compared with other Y&R recasts in recent years like SlutMac, FauxVictoria etc. King was a fabulous recast.

The other Dru in 1996 was seen pretty briefly as well. I actually can't remember her much. Me thinks she wasn't too memorable at all.

As others mentioned, Vivica A. Fox played Stephanie a doctor-friend of Malcolm. After her departure I gues sthey recasted but the relationship of Stephanie & Maclolm never took off.

Archived