Your significant other and soaps

DevotedToAMC

• Members

Hey so I am wondering....how do all of your boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, or wives take to you watching soaps? As for me, well when my fiance found out about me watching AMC she told me, "Honey it's either me or the soap" so I said "Okay. Bye bye sweetie I'll miss you." LOL just kidding we are still together :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to care whether my friends and significant others knew - but now I don't care. They either secretly watch too, or initially give me crap about it - but then realize I don't give two sh!ts what they say about it - then stop talking about it.

I got one ex to watch AMC though back when we were together....he loved Ryan, which I didn't understand.

• Members

My boyfriend will have nothing to do with me watching soaps. He gets bored very easy, so I have to watch them when he is sleeping. Good thing that for his job, he goes to bed really early. If we are both home and watching TV, I have to beg to watch at least one soap. Luckily for me, he will fall asleep by the time GH comes on.

I did get him hooked on the Hills, which is like a soap. Probably because he has a crush on Lauren. He gets jealous when I say that certain people are hot, even though I point out the hot women on GH to him. But he's not interested in them. Oh well.

• Members

My current "friend" used to watch Y&R back in the day so he doesn't say much of anything. My ex used to watch/fall asleep while I watched them and he never gave me grief about it. My ex before him always used to give me sh*t about watching them and that would piss me off cause I didn't critize what he watched.

• Members

My husband watches more soaps then I do he watches basicly every soap that's aired on the channels we recieve here.Most of those soaps are aired between 6 and 8 pm when I'm busy putting the kids to bed.He does the diner dishes between the commercial brakes and he also makes the coffee so I'm not complaining.One thing tho the only soaps he doesn't watch are ATWT wich is aired while he's at work and EE wich he simply doesn't like because of the characters accents.

• Members

My boyfriend has watched an episode or two with me but he isn't much for melodrama and we all know melodrama is essentially soap opera!

He though asks me sometimes what is going on. He has his video games, I have my soaps.

• Members

I don't have a significant other to compare soaps with, but the guy I'm hanging out with is Dominican and likes the telenovelas on Univision.

There was one guy I was set up with through a mutual friend about three years ago. We met at a coffee shop in Chelsea and somehow the subject of soaps came up. He said that he was a GH fan and that Days was disgusting and that I should be ashamed to watch it. I put five bucks on the table for the coffee, grabbed my coat and got up. He asked where I was going. I told him "Back to Salem."

• Members

My current BF isn't a big fan of DAYS but likes how excited I get when something good is happening on "my show." He was also a huge Sanata Barbara fan back in the day, and he will watch anything that has Louise Sorel on it.

Archived