Theme Parks

KMan101

• Members

I'm bored ... what's your favorite theme park, if you have one? Favorite ride?

Theme park you want to go to and the ride you want to ride?

I only ask this cause I'm in the Disney mood at the moment because I'm going to Animal Kingdom on May 1st. Back in November when I went to Super Soap Weekend, we got the three day play pass, or whatever. We spent Sat and Sun at Disney-MGM and we have a day left over, so ...

I'm also thinking of getting an Annual Pass, as a Florida resident. It's expensive but I literally live an hour and a half, or so, away. I'd kinda like to go more and ride the rides I sometimes miss or were too afraid of when I was younger.

And actually, the last time I went to Animal Kingdom was in 1998, when it first opened. So, almost 10 years. I can't wait to go again.

I've got a brand new digital camera and a memory card that holds well over a thousand pictures so, I'll have many to share!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dear lord, my entire family would make the trek to Opryland nearly *every* summer when I was a kid. I've still got pictures from some of the shows around somewhere. I personally have always liked King's Island. It's a summer staple around here even though I haven't been in eons. It's funny that Kentucky Kingdom is so close by, but I've never been. Anyone ever remember Santa Claus Land in Indiana? That's another place we'd get dragged to almost every summer along with Beach Bend in Bowling Green (even though my clearest memory was getting sick on the ferris wheel because it was so hot that day). I've never been to either Disneyland or World.

• Members

I looooooove Disney World!!!! My favorite park there is MGM, and I love the tower of terror.

Kman, are you going to try the new roller coaster at Animal Kingdom, Expedition Everest? I hear it is great.

I'm actually headed to Disney World next Monday for a week! I'm so excited!!! I'll be there over my birthday, so it'll be extra fun!

• Members

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is absolutely incredible. The roller coasters rock, the different sections are divided into various countries, and the scenery is breathtaking.

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ is fun too, but just for the roller coasters. Not too keen on anything else in the park.

• Members

I have been to Kings Island too. Also been to Kentucky Kingdom although its been ten years since going there. I have been to Dollywood and I think I am going to go there this summer again. I have always wanted to go to the animal Kingdom at DisneyWorld but it wasn't around when I got to go to DisneyWorld

• Members

My late Dad used to talk about what he thought was the scariest rollercoster in the world, in Crystal Beach near Buffalo NY. Never saw it myself, and I can only assume it's rather tame by today's standards.

He'd be about 55 now.

anyone?

• Members

i live in socal... so we ahve alot.

Disneyland - i dont like it fro the most part, its borring and way to packed. but me and my friends rock it sometimes from 9p til closing. and i heart downton disney. its amazing. but i spend way to much money there.

Universal - it is by far my fave, but only a few times a year can i do there. there hardly anything new to do. but the jarsic park ride is hella fun and the backlot tour is intersting sometimes.

6 flags - hate it. dont knw why, but ido..

Knotts- by far the best and my fave. i love almost every ride here. its busy but not packed so now 4 hr waits in lines. the rides are fun, the shopping is good, the food is great. knotts scar farm is always a blast.

then we have Castle Park & Scandia. as well as Boomers (use to be rocky & bullwinkles or summen like that). also have a few other odd parks off freeways and the California Speedway is always a blast.

this is why i ♥ california

Archived