Could Kimberlin Brown (Sheila Carter) be coming to ATWT?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sheila doesn't have to be a psycho though, not in Oakdale. The reason that Sheila went psycho in LA and GC her most recent rounds is because she felt cornered and threatened by past enemies. She doesn't have those in Oakdale. Yes, I'm sure at one point, later on down the line, Sheila's rage will emerge, but she can lead a normal life for a while with the citizens of Oakdale.

Hmm, who do I want to see her go up against? Carly? Lily? Lucinda? Emily! Definitely Emily. :) Sheila hates the whores (Brooke and Lauren).

• Members

This is stupid. Sheila is like the CBS version of Skye. Just whore her around from show to show.

This is not what As The World Turns needs. Instead of bringing in new characters (even though Sheila is already established, she would be new to ATWT), the show needs to shift it's focus on the characters they aren't using. There is no need for Sheila now, nor in the forseeable future on ATWT. I don't understand the logic of even discussing bringing her onto the show. It would be just another stunt to try and bring in the ratings and it may work.....but in the end the dust will settle, the smoke will clear and the show will go back to being just the way it is now....crap.

• Members

I was just coming to say I saw this info on another board. You all know I love KB and will take her on ANY show I can get her. ATWT is not on my regular schedule right now but you can bet I'll be watching it five days a week if this happens!! Only thing is KB lives on the west coast which is why she never commited to OLTL so...we'll see...

• Members

Not exactly. B&B was what you might call crap until Sheila arrived in 1992. Her arrival opened up so many doors in terms of new stories, it was incredible. The same thing could work if Sheila is written well on ATWT. Sheila appears calm and cool on the outside, but on the inside she's a nervous wreck and her ambition in life is to be loved. The citizens of oakdale, and one lucky man in particular will get tangled in her web and it will be so great to watch, again, if the writing is done well.

• Members

I agree with you Ryan about the fact that we need to use the rest of the cast we have fast and we do that is for sure, but maybe bringing in Sheila will be a way of doing that. I have feeling that if this is true this is not just a stunt and maybe just a new home for Shelia like maybe she will act normal for a long time before going evil again. I don't know but I think it is worth a try, if it is a long term thing, I agree with you totally if it is just a stunt, then they should not bother, but if it is long term it could be interesting. Sort of like if we see the character redevlop in Oakdale and not just come in the way she is right now, have her play nice for a while and make a home for herself and then get down to business at a later point.

• Members

The reason why Sheila worked was because of two things.....Kimberlin Brown....and good writing. ATWT is lacking in the writing department. We have seen Jean's version of "good drama" and it involves violence against women. I'm sure she thought her summer slasher storyline was "great tv". Just like she thought this recent storyline with Adam & Gwen was "riveting" but it's not.

Before you go bringing on new characters or bring characters over from other shows, you need to fix what is going on. ATWT does not need Sheila. You no one can dispute that they do. There are plenty of characters who don't have the airtime they deserve now. There is plenty of story potential on the show that is not being utilized at this time.

• Members

Oh, Jeaney P. definitely should write the other established characters as well. That should be her main focus. I just think adding Sheila into the mix may get some of those older characters back out on screen. Oh God, I just thought of something. What if Sheila is Cleo Babbit's mother?! :blink:

• Members

Ryan, I don't watch ATWT regularly, I did watch alot last summer and agree that much of what we've seen has been far from excellent soap opera. However, if the current HW and the producers are intent on bringing in new characters, one with the secrets Sheila has and Kimberlin Brown with the fan following she has...it's a smarter move for them than just bringing in a brand new character. They know the actress/character has a fan base. And I guess they think it's faster than taking the time to fix what else in not working for them.

• Members

Why do people automatically assume Sheila would be a psycho? She wasn't a psycho when she came to LA. Yes, at some point, Sheila's psychosis will emerge, but hopefully, she can be an established character on ATWT by then. I'm all for Sheila arrive in Oakdale.

Archived