DAYS: A wedding gets Al Gor-ified!

• Members

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/ne...our-lives_N.htm

'Days of Our Lives' is going green

The NBC daytime serial will feature a wedding with "earth-friendly elements" in a story line that is to begin this month and end in May with the marriage of Samantha "Sami" Brady (Alison Sweeney) and Lucas Roberts (Bryan Dattilo).

Ken Corday, the show's executive producer, said last month's Academy Award for the global-warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth may be an indication of "where the world is headed and how urgently we need to address the current environmental crisis."

It's important for the soap opera to "fall in step in helping to raise the viewers' consciousness of certain environmental problems and solutions," Corday said in a statement Tuesday.

The fictional nuptials will include pesticide-free flowers and biodegradable favors. Among those involved in the ceremony are a wedding website and restaurant owner Ben Ford, an organic chef and son of Harrison Ford.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can you imagine the dialogue?

"Who's ready to catch the biodegradable bouquet?! No pesticides!"

Oh, and it says this "storyline" will end in May. I wonder where the hell they're going with this.

• Members

Am I the only one struck by the wording?

:D

It's a relief to know Hogan has something big planned for Sweeps. Hopefully, John will be out of his coma by then (and Marlena back on-screen) and they make it a huge ensemble event.

• Members

I noticed that too Ponz and I hope to God that she marries him.

I do think it will be an ensemble event. Maybe they haven't shown the vets so much so they can use them the rest of the year. Who knows but I do hope they get married. There were rumors and many J&M fans have said John wakes up next month so he would be at the wedding if that was the case.

• Members

Has there been any word for Drake or Deidre about their lack of airtime? I think it is strange that we have heard so little from Days about this. Maybe I have missed something, but I don't think we have heard much from Hogan since he started at Days. It just makes me wonder what is going on? Well back on topic, I hope Sami and Lucas do get married. I don't see how they are going to make it though with EJ in the picture.

• Members

Wow glad to see the wedding is planned for May. That is good and something to look forward to at least.

I do wonder about the budget issue now. I have looked into prices on some of these things mentioned in the past, and they are a lot more expensive than the traditional stuff. Even just plain old recycled paper is still higher than normal paper because there still is not enough demand for it. That is one of the first things I learned when I became manager of 2 printing companies a few years back and it shocked the hell out of me.

This really surprises me even though I think it is a good idea to do this, but for a show struggling with budget issues it still makes you wonder. I sure hope he promotes the hell out of this because only the increased publicity it might get could outweigh the extra cost issues in my mind.

• Members

Pest Spray, its been a travesty not having John and Marlena featured much the past few months..but i'm positive Marlena will be there...and i'm praying John gets out of his coma right before to be there as well....Sami needs her family there..

Archived