B&B Week of Feb 26

• Members

Monday

I'm still not used to so few characters on screen per day. On Friday it was only 4. Today it was the same 4 plus 2.

I'm not sure that any relationship that is nicknamed Prick is assured of survival. Today was a bit of the forbidden fruit is always greener. So can the experienced man hold himself in check while the girl child tempts him with "it's just a kiss"? She could get a name for herself that way. Tease! Both in the show and on the boards the incestual aspects and concerns seem to be lessening.

And then the former pairs. Ah, I do like Ticky. They are being very protective of their relationship. I think that's a good sign. my, my Taylor with her "I'm beginning to see what Brooke saw in Nick" line. I do believe she is over the dressmaker.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alrighty, having a discussion with myself here.

Tuesday

After hearing the soap gals talk about the hair and makeup department washing and styling their hair every day I've got to believe Rick's hair is some purposely retrograde bohemium statement. Now when you watch Rick and Phoebee together do they really look that different in ages? I don't think so. Kyle's doing great creating a young almost innocent 20 something who might be a whirlwind in the board room but is less lecherously inclined.

Poor Brooke. This razzle dazzle wedding is all planned and already she's getting cold feet. It's much easier to back out of a quiet intimate wedding than to not walk down the aisle and go broke when the company can't survive that scandal. And with catching Rick and Phoebee smooshing in the stockroom she'll wind up lying to Ridge and it may be him who has to recite his vows come hell or high hem lines. Actually a touching moment for Ridge saying she didn't have to go through with it and being confused that in the past the razzle dazzle would have been her idea. I know it's impossible for a soap woman to survive for longer than a day without intimacy with a man so maybe Thorn will catch her when she reels from being disowned by Ridge and unwanted by Nick.

Felicia. First time I've really seen her. Hasn't been on more than twice in the month I've been watching. Sounds like Dante is out of the picture so what is there for Felicia to do?

So Bridget and Ridge are what to each other? I know it's gone through daughter to sister to step sister and back to step daughter. Listening to that convo from Ridge about Rick and Phoebee really made me thin that it's true that a paternity test hasn't been done on Rick and that Ridge knows something we don't.

Back at the big mansion. Whew! so many storylines today. B&B is so much franker than Days in discussing marital (and otherwise) intimacy. Stephanie may be the squeky wheel getting everything done but it seems she's that way because she's never getting greased. :o lol block of ice

Ann, no other word to describe her other than pithy. Eric and his unspoken assesment that Steph was just like her mom. Pam, needs to get out of the house and meet other men but who could blame her for comforting the one who is there. Oh, yeah! for keeping Ann at the house. We'll see more of Betty White and her emperess attitude.

• Members

Today the material with Betty White, Stephanie-Eric-Pamela, and Bridget-Felicia was excellent. The Ridge-Brooke stuff slightly less annoying than usual but only slightly. Thankfully the incest foolishness was back-burnered to the better material. The dialogue was superior. The show was excellent.

But of course tomorrow it might go right back to the silly & the annoying.

Surely they should be able to come up with a better and more appropriate storyline for Rick.

• Members

I had absolutely not time for B&B so far this week.

But after the snoozeworthy Thurs and Friday show last week it can only get better...

Good to hear that those senior Douglas/Forrester scenes were afbulous again. They need much more of that and much less of those two nightmare couples frontburner.

• Members

Wednesday call out, yah! I"m not alone.

Seems they can't think of another storyline for Rick or they wouldn't have sent him off to Europe. In watching the old tapes I'm not sure why he was back in town to sign over the company to Nick. And I somewhere the anti-compete clause isn't getting enforced? Must have been something wrong with the contracts.

So Brooke is actually not going to hide things from Ridge. Good thing she's doing it before the reporter comes in to look at the wedding invites. If Ridge hadn't made a big issue out of the ride home I doubt Rick and Phoebee would be all over each other in the back room. It pushed them together faster. I do find the writing for Prick to be pretty juvenile. "I'll never hurt her", "After all she's been through she's so mature" "If I thought it was wrong I'd stop" Ehhhh I liked it better when I thought they were going to long for each other from afar but maybe this new woman thing I've seen mentioned in the spoilers I try to stay away from might throw some spanners in the works.

Oh, did anyone notice the toolbelts swinging from the hips of the workers? They swung back and forth like hula skirts.

• Members

I caught today's (Wednesday's) episode, it was okay. Maybe I'd be okay with Rick/Phoebe if Rick were still Justin Torkildsen. I'm just not feeling the new guy, yet anyway. And I'm mad that I keep missing the days with Pam/Eric/Stephanie.

• Members

Well, well, well. A soap that actually does a good job of kicking people out of hospital rooms. Patients stand up for yourselves! The big surprise? Phoebe being called in to sign her mom's release papers.

Ahhh, sweet Ticky. Brooke looks so jealous and tired of fighting Stephanie who seems to have returned to her pre-therapy ways.

• Members

Kind of snorted out my nose at the Doctor telling Nick Taylor was hypothermic because she had so little body fat. Thank God she had those flotation devices permanently installed. LOL...

Found the week more than boring. Ric and Phoebe are as interesting as watching paint dry. Steph should be happy to have this "scandal" outted. They'd bore the press to death in a week.

• Members

lol, yeah that body fat comment was pretty out there. You can't be her age (or mine) without fairly significant body fat. There's not that many anerexics who live that long.

Oh and you know those "flotation devices" wouldn't float in salt water ;) since they are salt water.

Didn't seem the press was much scandalized. He was quite happy to point out that Rick and Pheobs weren't related. If anything's going to raise eyebrows it's why does the family want to keep it secret?

Archived