ATWT: Friday's Episode

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best part...two smackdowns. First, Kim's to Brad. Even though it was in Fluffy's defense, it was still good to see Kim put KBrad in his place. Then Maddie smacked down Jade, who was foolishly whining about Adam not emailing her a lame ass apology. (Why would he, after Jade told him to go to hell the last time they saw each other?) Sure, it was imminently stupid of Maddie, (who I actually like) but every word was true, and Jade knows it. And it sets the stage for Jade to open a can of whoop ass, which is always fun.

Good...Jack/Parker/JJ, sitting around the newly revamped Al's. Parker's mini-breakthrough from the other night is over with, and he's back to his sullen ways. I don't mind, I can see it's all an act.

Bad..."Oakdale Now". Sigh...good grief, the only thing more boring than Katie whining is Katie standing in a fake kitchen set whining on local tv. And Brad's little speech how "her husband being gone is why you're a b!tch" was "her getting a painful reminder Mike wasn't coming back" (per spoilers)??? I mean, GMAFB. Isn't there a huge space in her garage where Mike's tools once resided??? Like she needed an outsider telling her she was alone? *groan*

Worse....(arguably) Meggy's little "independent" streak. So, she's gonna stand on her own by working at Al's, and refuses to live at Fairwinds? Oh, how noble. *rme*

• Members

Just when I was starting to hate on Kim, she puts Brad right in his place. I love this woman and I LOVED how she put her arms on her hips. :lol:

I'm sooooo sick of this story. I find comedic stories on ATWT as funny as a hysterectomy. They're stupid and annoying. It doesn't help that the actors involved have ZERO comedic timing.

At the moment only Henry and Vienna have good zing.

Glad to see Al's Diner return.

• Members

Sure was. The booths by the window are the same, but they took out the big center booth, and changed the tables. And the weird thing is, they've used the set this week (Iris found Gwen/Maddie there, and Susan/Dusty talked) and it was the same. At least I think it was. Now, I'll have to check.

And now I know why that kitchen set looked familiar. I bet it was part of Kim's old house set.

• Members

Today's show was just ok, nothing great about it other than Luke finally showing up after almost 2 weeks AGAIN. Craig/Meg Yuk don't care. Katie in the Kitchen with Brad and Kim, only nice thing about that was seeing Kim and the WOAK set, Katie and Brad did nothing for me and neither did the hint of a future Brad/Katie/Jack setup they had going there. Parker/JJ/Jack was a pretty good scene, Mick Hazen just shines on the screen and he makes the character of a pre-teen very realistically. Gwen/Maddie/Will/Casey was ok, I hope they get on with the storyline and start moving it, I don't need to be watching it for 2 more months. Luke/Jade was the highlight of the day along with Parker. I like how once again we had the foreshadowing of Luke finding Love, but at this point enough of the foreshadwoing lets just do it already, though on some level I do like that they are taking it slow now that he is finally back on screen again, it would have seemed weird for him to just have popped up with a boyfriend out of the blue. I just really wish he could interact with the teens more like he did today, just because Luke is gay does not mean that he can not be involved in all the other storylines that are going on around him, and I really wish the show would stop making it like that, get him involved not everything has to be about him being Gay, I wish they would get that through there heads.

• Members

Today was okay.

When Brad showed up with that dog at the studio, I was like, "OMG! It's the dog that attacked Paul!" :lol: I would have paid money to see the dog go after Katie. LOL That would have been hilarious. That dog needs to be a permanent feature on the show just so it can freak the hell out of Paul. The whole "comedic" part of the scenes was not that funny.

Brad looks like Kevin Federline, at least IMO. He has such a goofy expression. :rolleyes:

Loved seeing Kim tell off Brad! I knew it the minute she gave him that glare!! :lol: I was waiting for her to call him "Kiddo."

The kitchen set looked like it came from Hal's house. :blink: Maybe I'm wrong though. It could have been Kim's kitchen too (when's the last time we saw it though? :rolleyes:)

I liked seeing Margo. OMG, Maddie and Gwen are aggravating. I wished Jade would tear those two apart. Also, liked the talk between Jade and Luke.

Please! Jack needs to get the hell away from Katie. I can't believe that the writers would do a Jack/Katie/Brad triangle.

• Members
Yep, I loved that too. I like that the show has set up Kim to be a figure of authority, instead of just "drop-in grandmother." She's been on three days this week, I think, and most of the week last week too!

Agreed on all points. Maddie especially is super-aggravating. I'm glad Luke tore into her and came to Jade's defense as well.

In general, my favorite parts of Friday's episode were the aforementioned Kim, Margo, Jade, and Luke, but I am also excited that HOCKEY is playing a big part in the story. :) I hope they keep that going.

Archived