Y&R: Brenda Dickson

• Members

I just saw this at soapcentral.com

Very interesting indeed!!

Former Y&R Actress Jailed In Hawaii

Posted Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:25:47 AM

As Jill Abbott on CBS's The Young and the Restless, actress Brenda Dickson earned a People's Choice Award for Best Villainess. But her refusal to leave an upscale apartment in Los Angeles has earned Dickson another honor that she might not want listed on her resume - a jail cell.

On the evening of February 6th, the 58-year-old former Y&R star was arrested in Hawaii on a civil contempt of court order from the aftermath of her highly contested, bitter divorce.

Dickson and attorney Jan Weinberg were married in Beverly Hills in 1997. The pair lived together in Honolulu until their divorce last year. In Dickson's divorce from Weinberg, 60, part-time Family Court District Judge Darryl Choy set aside an agreement between the two that would have given Dickson a Los Angeles apartment worth $1.3 million and $14,000 a month in alimony. Instead, Choy ruled that Dickson would receive no spousal support and that the high-priced condo be sold with the profits being equally split between both sides.

After the trial, however, Dickson refused to leave the LA condo, claiming that she didn't have the money to move or to store her belongings until she was able to find a new residence. In August, according to Weinberg, Dickson's refusal to vacate the premises resulted in the tanking of a $1,375,000 offer for the condo.

On September 20th, Choy found Dickson in contempt, issued a bench warrant for her arrest with bail set at $10,000 and fined her $1,000 a day, payable to Weinberg, for each day she refuses to leave the apartment. With Dickson still setting up shop in the Los Angeles condominium, the fines now total in excess of $160,000. It is expected that Dickson's fines will be paid from her share of the sale of a home the couple owned in Nu'uanu. If the fines exceed the total value of Dickson's share of house in Hawaii, the fines will then be culled from the future sale of the Los Angeles apartment. In addition, Choy also held Dickson responsible for the mortgage on the apartment -- costs which topped out near $6,000 per month.

"This judge has left me penniless," Dickson said in a recent interview. "He wants me to go on the street and be homeless. It's utterly and completely outrageous."

Dickson will remain behind bars until she agrees to comply with the judge's orders in the case.

And it doesn't look like Dickson will budge any time soon.

"She won't budge," Dickson's attorney told The Honolulu Advertiser. "She definitely will not move from that property or allow inspections to occur or allow the property to be sold."

Dickson appeared as Jill Abboot on The Young and the Restless from 1973-1980 and again from 1983-1987.

• Members
After the trial, however, Dickson refused to leave the LA condo, claiming that she didn't have the money to move or to store her belongings

And if you've ever seen Brenda Dickson's 3-part "Welcome to my Home" fashion/makeover/cooking show making the rounds on YouTube, you'll know she had a ton of gold lamé evening gowns/red boots/head scarves/jewelry to store. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5cS07X06VY

Seriously, though, divorces suck. Hope this works out for everybody involved.

• Members
And if you've ever seen Brenda Dickson's 3-part "Welcome to my Home" fashion/makeover/cooking show making the rounds on YouTube, you'll know she had a ton of gold lamé evening gowns/red boots/head scarves/jewelry to store. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5cS07X06VY

Damn you Cat, I wanted to post the same clips... :lol:

Brenda is just fabulous. She has DIVA tatooed on her forehead if you ask me. Maybe E! will give her a reality series under such circumstances... ;)

Archived