All: Soap Opera's Silliest and Stupidest Plots?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...ATWT....ANY of Hogan's attempts at farce...The Keys to the Kingdom Contest; Bonnie, Duchess in Wacky Ol' Scotland; The Island Adventures, I (Lily and Simon), II (Katie, Henry and Cooley) and III (The Avanya Silliness with Two Simons, Explosives, and Rose's Sick Father).

GL...because it can't be ridiculed enough, THE MARYANNE CARRUTHERS Murder Mystery. Oh, and the Santos Clan. How many times did Danny try and "go straight"? *RME* Not that I minded Danny...but every time Michelle was recast, Carmen decided to try and kill her. Tres boring.

• Members

Well, you made my Days list for me so I will just agree with your list. I would also add the tooth implant story for Vivian and the brain chip stuff for Hope and John. Other then that, I will just do Passions since I can't recall all the other shows:

-The first half of Vendetta.

-Supernatural rapist.

-Al is Charlie

-Hell in a Closet

-Warlock Island

-Siren

-Cracked Connie

-Bringing JT Cornell back and hyping Tabloid Truth, a story where nothing happened byt Ivy being exposed.

-Theresa/Ethan/Gwen: late 2005-present

-Sheridan's character destruction as well as Fox's, Chad's, Kay's, and the list goes on.

• Members

B&B has had a few stinkers. The standout has to be Amber's long lost twin April Knight making a fly in visit for no particular reason other than to provide us with two screeching Adrienne Frantz's per episode. I really don't know what Brad Bell was thinking with that one.

Another would be Sheila's 2003 return where she'd turned into some kind of terrorist with a lesbian prison guard lackey and Ridge burnt to 'death' prompting Brooke to boink Nick for comfort. Absolute trash.

Taylor in Morocco circa 1994 is another one. Sure it served a purpose because Hunter Tylo briefly left the show but the story draaaagged. It was bad enough seeing HT play amnesiac Princess Layla behind a one way mirror watching Ridge and Brooke on their honeymoon (conveniently in Morocco) -- then she came back to LA looking like Velma from Scooby Doo thanks to Phyllis Diller, with a Dutch accent that she passed off as British. Too camp for words.

The only highlight was Brooke's "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" when Taylor whipped the wig off and showed that she was still alive.

• Members

Passions:

Hell in the Closet - that was embarrassing for all parties involved and definitely a SIGN of where this show was headed. Too bad we ignored it.

Sheridan dying every 5 seconds.

Trying to pass off Teresa's illness where Epig is involved as a love story. Reilly wrote this child wrong from the word go!

Anything starting at late 2002 and beyond...

The other soaps are ridiculous in their own right, but I have never seen any of them put out the garbage that Passions has....

Andrea

• Members

Lest we forget...

Sunset Beach's turkey baster debacle which went beyond the boundaries of tastelessness.

GH, the spirit of Lila speaking through Heather Webber, which was an insult not only to Anna Lee but to everyone within a 3000 mile radius of the show.

Passions' Gwen, who knew Alistair was raping Theresa and did nothing to help her. That scene was both cruel and inhuman.

• Members

OMG! Who can forget the Turkey Baster? The actors probaly hung their heads in shame after that.

As for Gwen and her disturbing igorance where Teresa was being raped, that was not a plot. Just a point. The more disturbing part, and the actual plot, was that Teresa was willing to "do" Alistair in the name of Epig. What kind of person thinks so little of themselves?

Andrea

• Members

I've been watching Days (on and off) since Stockholm... but what is "the goop"???

Days:

Carly buried alive / Vivian's herbs

Virtual Garden of Eden

Alien Twins

Lauren the surrogate

Boy Band of Brothers (aka Stupidity in a Fake Dimera War Zone)

All My Children:

The unabortion

The Vegas showgirl

Babe's fake death (I hate this story already)

Palmer's Chicken Shack

Archived