ALL: SORASed Kids

• Members

Binks was born in 1988, I want to say February 1. I believe she pretty much stayed the same age until Eden was cast in 2000. They moved her age to 16, but I think they kept February as her birth month. She should be 23 now.

Kendall Hart has been SORAS'ed and de-SORAS'ed to death, and it's all her mommy's fault! Let me see if I remember this right. Originally, Erica was said to have been born in 1954 (which I find odd because she graduated from PVH in May 1970 with Tara, Phil, and Chuck). Judging from this, Kendall had to have been born in 1968. Erica would currently be 52-53 years old and Kendall would be 38-39 years old.

But when Kendall was first introduced in 1993, they said, at first, that she was 16 years old, which was the age of Sarah Michelle Gellar at the time. The problem was, if Kendall was 16 in 1993, that means she was born in 1977 (or 1976), and Erica was born in 1963 (or 1962), which would mean that Erica was a good 7 (or 8) years old when she started playing mind games with Tara and Phil in 1970.

The fans were not going to take that so they quickly made Kendall's age change to 23 years old making her birth year 1970, when she should have been 25. That one was reasonable, I think. If Kendall was 23 in 1993, Erica would have been born in 1956 and would have been 37 at the time. Kendall would be 37 now and Erica would be 51. That's pretty close to the truth, only 2 years worth of de-SORAS-ing.

BUT, our good friend Alicia Minshew joined the show in 2002 as an obviously younger Kendall. How young? Well, when you consider the fact that SMG's SORAS-ed Kendall was born on September 25, 1970, and then realize that about a year ago, Kendall's birth m/d/y was said to have been September 25, 1976, you get the answer. And you also realize that this makes things the EXACT way they would have been had they kept Kendall at age 16 in 1993.

So basically, Kendall and Erica, as a unit, were first de-SORAS'ed 8 years, then SORAS'ed 6 years, then de-SORAS'ed 6 years. Kendall turns 31 this year and Erica turns 45. Bianca, thankfully, isn't twisted up in this mess. She's 23. Josh, I would assume, is somewhere in his late 20s (I think I heard 26 or 27 somewhere?).

SO when you do all the math and you go all the way back, Erica *should* be 53 years old, Kendall *should* be 39 years old, Josh *should* be 33 years old, and Bianca *should* be 19 years old. Let us not forget Miranda, who should be 3 next month and Spike, who is just several months old.

Damn...I always forget how utterly fucked up the whole situation is.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh it is fucked up.

Erica is the same age as Tad now, and pretty close to the SORASed age of Charlie and she is supposed to be old enough to be his mother. And she is not much older than the SORASed age of Jake either.

It is so stupid just to either satisfied Lucci's problem with growing old or the writer's problem with it. I have heard it blamed in the press on both - it is probably a combination of both.

All I know is that even though I have not aged greatly I hope I actually look better at 45 than Erica does. Erica has aged well (Lucci has but you know what I mean) but looking at her neck at times it is pretty saggy for 45 years old. Lucci doesn't look 60, but she don't look 45 either.

• Members

Actually, Bianca was born in 1988 and Colby was born in 1999.

Amanda was born in May 1992. She was concieved when Janet was posing as Natalie and married to Trevor. I have the episode where she was born on a DVD that someone sent me. Janet kidnapped Natalie and was going to kill her, but then she started having contractions and Natalie delivered the baby in a cabin in the woods.

• Members

According to soapcentral.com, Bianca was born on February 8, 1988 but in 2002 they said it was February 9, 1984.

What's funny about Kendall is that Sarah Michelle Gellar was 15 when she started on the show in 1993 and Alicia was born in 1974. So Alicia is about 3 years older then Sarah but is planing a younger Kendall.

• Members

I think age is relative and was only a factor in that story. I view Erica as a woman in her mid 50s, not 40s and Kendall as someone in her early 30s. I think Erica is in her 50s like she should be; they just dont draw any attention to it or make it an issue

• Members

You're absolutely right, Steve. When Andrea Barbar came onto the show in 1982, Carrie was 4 years old. Then, once Sami was aged to 16 in 1993, it was said that Carrie was 3 years older than her, making Carrie being born in 1974 and Sami in 1977.

Thanks for that catch.

And you're right, Mike Horton has the most f*cked up SORASing job than any other DAYS character, even EJ. No one knows how old Mike should be :lol:

• Members

I think the writers definitely draw attention to it. They constantly state how young Erica was when Kendall was born. And then just last year had several characters state several times that Kendall wasn't even 30.

So I will just have to disagree on that one. IF they didn't say anything about it you could imagine things, but MMT or someone goes out of their way to point it out.

Archived