DAYS: Looks like the soap might be in trouble.

• Members

SN and MBE took pay cuts to come back. I have read that in many places in the last few months. Corday couldn't have them return for what they should be paid so they both took cuts. Steve and Kayla have nothing to do with this.

I think alot of this, as others have said, is being overblown. I think there is budget trouble but I don't think that is why the big 4 are off. I still think this has alot more to do with Drake taking time off for obvious reasons and that putting Dee in limbo for a bit and Peter and Kristian getting well-deserved time off after a huge year. The budget cuts began last year so if the tight budget was behind them 4 being off it would've happened sooner. We saw a good amount of balance for the last half of 2006 and for the first part of January. It was only a one-two week period where the balance sucked. Now it has gotten better and, from the sound of it, it only is going to improve from here.

I won't beleive all this Corday is broke and that is why the big 4 are off talk until I see it in the mags or said by someone from Days. It's just hard for me to buy alot of what is being rumored. There are budget restrictions but the actors have to be paid anyway so that being why they are backburnered just doesn't make sense to me.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yet theres still talk about other past characters returning...for one WHO? for two if i was in charge id suck it up and make the cuts and if i had to get rid of one of the super couples i would! i would get rid of the one who can stand to have a happy ending right now and be off screen for a while. and my vote would be for Bo and Hope but since im a die hard John and Marlena fan i would totally understand if they got written off for a while again.

• Members

Exactly!

Whether or not Hall, Alfonso, Reckell, or Hogysten is on 1 day a week or not at all, they are still getting paid for a 3 day work week because it's in their contracts. Sheffer could very well use them 3 days a week, but at this point there are other stories playing out first. I actually don't expect John to come out of his coma until May sweeps, in which I think there will be a big Dimera showdown.

I mean we have....

Frontburner:

Shawn/Belle/Phillip/Willow/Victor

Sami/Lucas/Kate/EJ/Billie

Steve/Kayla/EJ/Benji/Dimeras

Nick/Chelsea/Abby

Backburner:

Marlena/John

Abe/Celeste

Max/Mimi/Bonnie/Connor/Bones

There really isn't much screentime left for other stories.

• Members

A vet is not going to go back to their old soap without having to take a pay cut. When Robin Strasser re-signed with OLTL the last time, she admitted that she took a pay cut. And I am sure that many more actors on Daytime have taken pay cuts that we don't know about because they are just happy to still have a job and taking a pay cut won't hurt their quality of life that much. Personally, I think the reason why TG gets so much vacation time at GH is to compensate for him taking a pay cut.

• Members

I like Passions but I'm glad JER isn't at Days and Hogan is. I love what Hogan is doing more or less but I want a BIG reveal. something JUICY.At least I want a hint that something big is coming.

It would be a let down to discover that EJ's sole purpose for targeting the Bradys is simply because Stefano wants him to torture them. I would pefer to think that EJ has his own burning personal grudge against them.

Something compelling would be nice. :rolleyes:

• Members

There is a lot about Days that I don't like namely running around with a baby like she is a sack of sawdust, but other than that I'm starting to be interested finally in Steve and Kayla, loving Nick and Chelsea, looking forward to the lovely Abby story coming up and hoping (albeit not certain at all) for LUMI to be together forever at last. Also, I want to see how Philip develops and see more of the quad. The dialog is really interestingly written and delivered, the acting is generally top notch, the rotation of delivery and moving the stories along is wonderful. Summed up there are only a couple of things that bother me, the abuse of a baby and a wtd storyline.

Archived