• Members

I asked around on another board and some agree with me and some do not when it comes to Y&R. I think this is the worse the show has ever been, and I am vocal about that. I would rather watch OLTL than Y&R ANY DAY. In my opinion, Kay Alden was better than Jack F. Smith. Now that Kay Alden is on the OLTL Team, OLTL has been getting better, in terms of using the vets and the show overall is just much better. Now here is my question, Has anyone considered that Kay Alden is turning OLTL into Y&R, and Y&R is being turned into something new, something more Hack Marie Latham style? Don't get me wrong, I dont think OLTL will ever be number one but the show is looking more like Y&R, than Y&R is. Am I the only one who feels this way?? Any one who agrees, even if only to an extent, please elaborate because I am curious to know what eeryone else is thing about the The Hack and the Hamner.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OL may be improving, but they still have a long ways to go. Do you see story for Erika Slezak? I don't, Viki barely is onscreen, Viki is like the side of this triangle with Clint/Dorian reunion. Until OL gives Erika Slezak real story, the pacing improves and they start writing in character with character driven motivation and not plot point stupidity for the characters (especially where it comes to recasts who aren't even recasts since they ignore all character history when recasting) then OL is no better than any other soap out there. Unless Higley is truly gone, forget it, even Alden consulting can't save it.

• Members

Viki/Slezak doesn't need a story for the show to improve... now, the other things I can agree with, but the whole show doesn't rest on her shoulders. Yes, she's a major part... but it's not all about her, that's the problem that they had with John McBain and Antonio Vega being in everything and having more focus than everyone else.

• Members

I think OLTL has improved by firing Higley's newbies, having more balance and featuring the characters we love. Still, the storylines are largely terrible and you can tell Dena Higley is still running things in this department. I do believe Kay Alden is waiting in the wings, which would explain the changes. But still there are a ton of things that need to be done to make the show what it once was.

I hope Alden also fires most of the writing staff, especially those dreadful script writers!

I do think Smith was a disaster and I definitely do not want him back, but I wouldn't mind Alden back after what I'm hearing about her early years. Especially in regard to the Kay and Jill fued which is so disappointing right now. I wish it could be like last year with Latham/Alden running things. I bet that explains why Latham was so well recieved at first. Now you can tell all these newbies have no idea about the history of the show, why it works and they obviously don't care to find out.

I disagree. Erika Slezak has won six Emmys for the show and deserves better than she gets. OLTL doesn't depend solely on her, but she gets scraps. Viki SHOULD be a MAJOR, MAJOR character, but Dorian gets more screentime than Viki. Will she ever get a good romance like with Ben? This new round with Clint is very "meh" and I don't think the writers are committed.

I'd like to see her working more as well.

Archived