ATWT wins WGA Award

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They deserved this award, but it's ironic the story that won it for them is the story they refuse to play. Instead of getting a backlash over Gay!Luke, they got a hugely positive response not only for the writing (which was flawless), but the acting as well. So why drop the story like a hot potato? Why aren't we seeing Luke deal with school and romance? Why the hell did they SORAS Faith when Luke still has a big (very successful) story to continue?

Y&R has strong episodes as well, but those might work better with the visual aid. Peter Bergman made that stuff come alive.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 12 2007, 12:08 AM)
They deserved this award, but it's ironic the story that won it for them is the story they refuse to play. Instead of getting a backlash over Gay!Luke, they got a hugely positive response not only for the writing (which was flawless), but the acting as well. So why drop the story like a hot potato? Why aren't we seeing Luke deal with school and romance? Why the hell did they SORAS Faith when Luke still has a big (very successful) story to continue?

Y&R has strong episodes as well, but those might work better with the visual aid. Peter Bergman made that stuff come alive.

I wonder the same thing. They completely lost all momentum in the Luke storyline by dropping it to the side.

• Members

Yes, I’m sooo loving she didn’t win... Hooray!

But, the nominations sucked. How can you pick the least possible evil of those nominated? Horror. As I said it is criminal to nominate AMC and not nominate GH.

They should change the whole procedure.

Archived