ALL: The Last BEST storyline(s) YOU enjoyed

• Members

Pretty straightforward. Your last favorite story that you enjoyed pretty much from beginning to end...

ATWT

The Baby Switch -It wasn't as bad looking back...

Carly/Jack/Julia -So many excellent performances.

Y&R

Internet predator -Nicely done, and not too preachy

Tuvia vs. Safra -I don't think Y&R will EVER see an umbrella story of this caliber again.

GH

Lulu's abortion -Surprisingly done well

Laura awakens -Very very sad

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last story on all soaps that I truly enjoyed was:

The Return of Laura & Lulu's Abortion on GH

The Oakdale Slasher even though it was campy on ATWT

Todd's Execution on OLTL

Before that:

AMC:

The Baby Switch Story

Michael Cambias' Murder

Bianca's coming out

ATWT:

Rose/Lily

Rose's death (even thought it got rid of Rose)

Rose/Carly/Emily being kidnapped

The serial killer story that involved the doctor played by John James

Days:

The SSK story (until it turned into the Island story and way before Alice's death)

Before that it was the JT baby switch story

GH:

other than the ones mentioned above before that it was

Monica's cancer story

Stone's AIDS story

GL:

Enjoying the fallout of the Tammy/Jonathan deaths right now

OLTL:

Rae's search for her daughter

Anything while Gary Tomlin was there - I loved it all

Y&R:

John's death - even thought it cost us John

• Members

Good idea for a thread!

All My Children

Satin Slayer- I love it :)

As the World Turns

Oakdale Slasher- everything else in 2006 and so far in 2007 has been purely boring.

Days of our Lives

Hmm...that's a tough one. I haven't enjoyed a story ALL the way through in a long time. Maybe the Gloved Hand?

Bold and the Beautiful

Stephanie's Mother

General Hospital

Spencer's Kidnapping- Simply because of the use of my beloved Helena

One Life to Live

The Execution- The last time I got to see my Margaret :( :(

Passion

Chad's Lover- I'm so intrigued!

• Members

The last storylines that I enjoyed:

AMC:

David and Erica's 2003 ruse (hot dam)

Kendall and Aidan and how they started and the beautiful friendship that blossomed from it. :)

I liked the start of Rylee, but that ended fast.

Tad and Simone

Tad and Krystal

Babe and Bianca's friendship pre-baby swap. (I was such a BaBi whore, LOL)

GH:

JaSam and the fallout from Baby Lila's death, and their love starting.

Rexis...oh my beloved Rexis. That was one super couple that GH let go to waste. Stupid Guza. :angry:

Lucky and Liz's last reunion.

Lulu's abortion. It was very well done, and played on great emotions.

• Members

Great choices for Y&R, Dru.

Those two plus Kevin as Michael's brother - What an excellent reveal.

Phyllis/Jack/Diane - Made me a Jack and Phyllis fan for LIFE.

Daniel and Lily as played by Davetta Sherwood - Love young never looked better.

• Members

Days Of Our Lives

The Salem Stalker storyline, before May 2004 (Marlena's death)... it was all downhill from the second she took her "last breath" until ... September/October 2006. The show had moments, but I haden't seen two good episodes in a row like then.

General Hospital

The romance between Ric and Alexis. I hate it when a show diminish a character or couple to prop another, and they ruin this beautiful twosome to prop Sam, Sonny, Jason, Carly, Liz and whonot. As of the breakup, they were never really in love and Liz is the queen of everything perfect. Get real PTB. The viewers SAW Ric fall in love with Alexis, they SAW her fight him every step of the way until she gave in and married the guy. They were never perfect, never saints, never flawless, but damn they were good together.

Lulu's abortion. Beautifully done.

Luke/Tracy's marriage. I LOVE them together. They're fantastic.

• Members

ATWT: James [!@#$%^&*] with Rosanna & Paul during the summer of 2004. He has baby Cabot moved and show up halfway around town. Barbara helps him escape as hes being transported. Barbara gets busted, jumps out a window and crashes her car into the psych ward to spring Will. She gets committed, Will sets her up and she's transferred into the maximum security ward where she teams up with Dr. Rick Decker. They escape, Will saves her from being strangled by Decker. Barbara goes to live with Hal under house arrest (I loved the scene where she was trying to get off her ankle bracelet by rubbing lotion to crash Paul and Rosanna's wedding, only to be foiled by Kim! :lol: ). Babs then starts drugging Emily so she can do her bidding...

Carly/Jack/Julia: Carly had some OUTSTANDING speeches during that story.

Six Keys to the Kingdom Contest: Jessica Dunphy carried that story and made it WORK! It was cheesy but she turned it into great fun.

Overall... I enjoyed most of 2004. Sans Nikki Munson & awful 2 week Molly.

GL: The whole town is out to get Phillip. Phillip kidnaps his kids, Harley is Ruth Karloff... everything up until the shooting.

PASSIONS: The Pit. Best story ever on that show. Everything else pales in comparison.

DAYS: Roman gets whacked at his wedding to Kate.

• Members

The Kevin/Michael reveal was sheer brillance. I never once calculated that possibility. When Michael said "what are you doing here?'' in such a disgusted way, I thought he was speaking to Phyllis or someone. Colored me shocked and impressed, when it was revealed to be the notorious Kevin Fisher. I also liked Phyllis/Diane sparring. Although I never warmed up to Susan Walter's Diane, she and Stafford had nice chemistry. The pool house fire was also pretty good. Phyllis was so wild then, and it's such a shame what her character has become. When DS first came on I found the Daniel/Lily relationship intolerable. But then they grew on me quite nicely. There wedding was pretty cute too.

I did like Rexis in the beginning. I wasn't in love with them, but Grahn and Hearst played nicely off one another.

That was pretty intriguing. Grant Alexander was at his FINEST. And this is when I felt in love with Beth Ehlers all over again. I remember rooting for Grant AND Christian at the emmy's. Both had such flawless year's.

PSNS

The last story I was REALLY into was 'A tale of Mrs. Julian Crane.' And also 'Charity trapped in the cave.' Okay, I did tear up a little when Miguel found her in that block of ice. Sigh. And then Timmy dying, and Juliet Mills astonishing acting.

OLTL

Nora/Daniel -OLTL does a terrific job with stories like these, which leaves me confused when they repeat murder mysteries. Hillary B. Smith was also flawless during Nora' breakdown here.

Marcie/Al - :(:(

Y&R

My last favorite DRU storyline was 'The Foster Care Story.' VR put her heart and soul into that one.

The beginning of 'Billy & Mackenzie' played by the originals.

The beginning of the Fisher family -before they became overexposed, they were such a delight to watch IMO. I loved the Christmas episode with Gloria/Abbotts :lol: :lol:

I would say 'Cassie's death' but I hated the shift to Daniel/Lily, and it ran a bit too long. For the most part it was decent.

Sharon/Nick/Phyllis -Same as Cassie, everything surrounding the affair was sizzling. But after the town found out and Victor went koo-koo it got stale.

• Members

AMC

Parts of the baby switch

Loved it initially until the whole town was turned inside out to serve she who will not be named. I even loved parts of the aftermath.

ATWT

The spa - Loved all of that.

Creative, funny and intriguing. I want Hogan to bring some of that to Days.

DOOL

The baby switch

Real, human drama. And one of the best planned stories on DOOL in years.

B&B

Amber's baby switch (I must have a thing for baby switches)

Amber's twins dying

Becky and CJ

I know exactly why I liked Amber on B&B, she was astrocious and no way was afraid to tell her so. Also she livened up the show, most of the characters were stagnant and needed some to shake them up. Not so with Y&R and she hasn't made any story more interesting.

• Members

I did catch some of AMC Baby switch because I wanted to see Heather Tom and David Tom. I admit that I enjoyed when Erica came up to Krystal and slapped her smack across the face when it was all said and done lol. I also liked there Michael Cambias story. Nice umbrella story.

I also liked Tamara Clatterbuck in DOOL Baby Switch, she's such a fun and lively actress to me. It was a shame that Y&R failed to include her until afterwards during the Cassie drama. Because I loved her on Y&R previously. Her acting is similar to Eileen Davidson's to me.

Archived