AMC: Dixie's "Angel" Blowing Kisses to Kate

• Members

I was so disgusted by Dixie's death that I couldn't bring myself to actually watch the scenes; I only read about them. But after seeing a clip on YouTube of Kate waving to Dixie's "angel" and Dixie blowing kisses........ I have to say that was one of the sweetest scenes in AMC history. It almost made me cry (as corny as that sounds). I still hate the story, though. I'm sure the scenes with Kate would have been a lot sweeter if Dixie were ALIVE!I saw the scene at the end of a montage.Does this make anyone else cry?...........(The first scenes are of Dixie's death, and then it segues into a music montage)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't worry - it is not corny to cry over these scenes...I rarely cry, and I was crying on Tuesday, January 30th.

I have to admit, the episode and all the scenes were done REALLY well...but I just hate that it had to happen. It would make me feel so much better if Cady was the one that wanted out...or the timing was different. But yes, it was done really well.

• Members

McTavish sucks!

MEGAN BASHING ROCKS!

That necessary statement out of the way, I do have to admit I found Dixie's Angel scenes touching... when she comforted JR and Jamie and then immediately recognized Kathy as her daughter. Very well done and a much more fitting exit for a legacy character than:

"You have a new lead on Kate?" :rolleyes:

• Members

I cried. Tears of sadness and also anger but mainly disappointment. I waited 18 years for Dixie to have Tad's daughter and for her to find Kate when she was dead was the biggest slap in the face for me. I was insulted as a viewer. It truly disgusts me that Dixie's story is being given to Julia (who I always liked but now I resent) and that they killed Dixie off so quickly before she reunited with Tad for real and found her daughter while she was still breathing. IMO, this was the worst resolution to a story that AMC has ever done. I hate how the Serial Killer story has taken over the show and how even Tad is so focused on that. We could be seeing Tad and Dixie finding a clue about Kate and searching for her and maybe have a little bit of happiness, hope and romance on this show but nope, they just have to have more doom and gloom. This show is just too depressing for me to enjoy.

Archived