To all those I offended...

Mason

• Members

I'm sorry. :(

I know there are no excuses for how I acted earlier tonight and I truly am sorry, for what it's worth. To everyone. I don't expect anyone to forgive me or whatnot, but I still wanted to apologize, because I'm not normally like this. As I mentioned, I am bipolar/depressive, and I haven't taken my medication in the last few days which usually results in manic episodes such as tonight. Again, I know it's not an excuse, but that's it at least somewhat of an explanation. I'd really rather not analyze my behavior tonight any further than that, but I do realize I came off as a psychotic jerk, but that's not how I really am. Now that I've had time to relax, I've seen things clearly, but regardless of what reaction I get, my mind wouldn't rest until I wrote this. So, once again, I apologize.

:(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Hogan like King I'm not sure what happened tonight but it is perfectly okay and I definitely think you are strong and brave to admit your wrongs and apologize for anything bad you did and it shows you for being the better and bigger man. No harm done with me and hopefully those who you offended accept your apology.

I didn't read the part where you said you were bipolar and had a manic episode tonight as a result of not taking medication. Hey I have been there before where I did not take medication simply because I was "feeling better" and it eventually comes back and bites me in the behind. Once it got me into legal trouble but other than that I had meltdowns and what not.....and that is very brave of you to come out and admit that you have a mental illness. Being a survivor of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I always find it encouraging to share my stories with other people and see how we are all strong by battling a serious issue like mental illness (and PTSD obviously qualifies as one).

• Members

It's probably not best to talk about the details of what happened on the board, but I forgive you, Hogan. You never directed any anger at me... but you were upset, it got out of line. It's nice of you to apologize.

That said, I don't think you're the only one who should be apologizing.

• Members

You rock Hogan! But stay on those meds for your own sake - not just to avoid offending people. Some people are looking to take offense at anything and you just gave them an easy target.

Stay on the meds - for your OWN SAKE.

Frankly, I'm more offended at SON's stance that being gay is somehow bad and must NOT be discussed. It's 2007 and we still don't have a true separation of church and state, apparently.

• Members

Brandies, I have been around here for a year, and I have never seen this at all. SON has always been open to all sexualities, and I have never seen anyone get shut down because of their sexuality. In fact I feel that SON is better about it than any board out there. If you have had problems with that I am sorry.

I do know that the only thing that has ever been shut down are threads that take things too far where bashing gets involved or the threads get more risque than Errol or others feel that the younger members here should read.

If you have had problems in that regard I would talk to one of the editors, mods or Errol about it.

Hogan, I hope that things get better for you.

Archived